-18-

𝐘/𝐧'𝐬 𝐩𝗼𝐯
Currently, it was early morning and I was supposed to still be asleep, but the sound of yelling had woken me up.

So with a silk robe wrapped around me, I had walked out to hear Farleigh and Mr. Catton arguing.

Since I had just woken up I couldn't process what was going on, but all I knew was by the end of it Farleigh was storming back to the room, grabbing my hand in the process to bring me back.

"What's wrong?" I asked, not phased when he had gotten into the bed, face resting on my chest.

"James thinks I fucking emailed some chairmen that he went to school with. Like why the hell would I do that shit?" He complained, obviously upset over the encounter that truly should have never happened.

"*sigh* this is why I didn't want to stay here for the summer," I say, a sort of "told you so" moment for me as my boyfriend rolled his eyes at me.

"Well now that I know he hasn't been the one helping me, I don't care if we left today" he sighed, music to my ears.

"Well I still have my apartment, or we can go back to the States to see our parents" I shrugged, missing my mom and dad.

"Yeah either one works out for me, but I'm pretty sure the Catton's would hunt me down thinking that I'll end up like my mom and "ruin" their image even more" Farleigh sighed, a frown on his lips before I kissed his forehead.

"I guess we're stuck together" I shrugged, lightly rubbing my boyfriend's back, not thinking I was doing much besides reassuring him.

"I love you" Farleigh smiled before sitting up to kiss me "I love you too"

𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝗼𝐫'𝐬 𝐩𝗼𝐯
For the rest of their day, Y/n and Farleigh had hung out together, keeping their distance from the family despite Elspeth and Venetian still being able to get Y/n over for gossip and such.

But also the two had run into Oliver, Y/n getting tired of seeing him around, glaring him down, already aware that he sent the email.

She couldn't say anything though, his birthday was here and the Catton family took birthdays seriously, even believing that people should be nice to the birthday person.

So they stayed silent, listening to the plans and all of that, not caring too much outside of the fact that some of their friends would be there.

"You better not mess up this party," Y/n says to Farleigh on their way back to the room, snacks in hand.

"It's just a birthday party, we don't even like Oliver" "I know, but every time I've gone to a party so far, you keep bringing all freaky" "Well actually that Christmas one was on you" he laughed, ignoring Y/n's unamused expression.

"Whatever"

꧁꧂
𝐈𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐚𝐥𝐥
𝐖𝗼𝐫𝐝 𝐜𝗼𝐮𝐧𝐭: 488