-9-

𝐘/𝐧'𝐬 𝐩𝗼𝐯
As promised Farleigh was taking me out on a date today, but that wouldn't be till later, so with the day all to ourselves, we had left to my apartment out in the city, the place pretty much vacant unless I truly had time to stop by.

So now in the apartment I had walked around a bit to check on things, released that mom got some maintenance people to keep up on the food in my apartment so when I'm here I rarely had to go to the store unless I truly needed the item.

"Just like how I remembered it," Farleigh says from behind, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"I know, I sort of miss it too," I say, feeling bad that I was spending my time in Saltburn whenever I wasn't staying in the Oxford dorms.

And being in the apartment made me think of my parents, wondering what they were doing, so with the thought still fresh I had texted my mom and dad to check on them and see how things were.

"Have you talked to your mom lately?" I asked Farleigh as we walked into my room.

"Yeah, she's gotten a new job that should pay well" Farleigh informed, and in all honesty, I had already known that because I also stayed in touch with the woman.

Farleigh's mom was sweet and all she wanted was for her son to do well. She truly didn't even want Farleigh to send her money despite being hard on times, but her son did it anyway so she spent it sparingly.

But what Farleigh wasn't aware of was that I had my parents send the woman money too.

Normally it was anonymous and they were monthly checks that were enough to take care of herself and even splurge whenever she wanted.

I didn't tell Farleigh because I knew he wouldn't want me to be doing all of this despite nearly begging his own family to help his mom, so much so that he's even considered getting a job during school to help his mom.

Of course, if he ever asked I'd tell the truth, but until then I'm just happy that Farleigh's been only getting good news from his mother.

"That's amazing" "I know, she's been doing great lately though, she's even been telling me to stop sending money, but she's always saying that" he laughs to himself.

"Well she's your mom, I'm sure no mother wants to depend on their child's money, but it's sweet that you do send it regardless," I say, understanding both sides since I'd do the same thing if something were to happen to my parents.

After that, the subject had changed and we relaxed until it was time to get ready for our date.

As we got ready I couldn't help but be all giddy and happy, something about being in an apartment while getting ready with Farleigh beside me, and the two of us showering each other in affection was like something I'd never thought I'd love so much.

But here we were, barely able to spend more than 5 seconds without kissing or at least having a hand on each other. But somehow we were able to finish getting ready for our date on time.
Hair and fit check