Intro and Chapter 1

Author note here - Hello there! Firstly this will be my first ever posted and shared book. I have a lot of writing stored in my various sacred documents but will leave that for another time. I figured, why not start with this as I'm kind of in that mood right now. So here we go, please be patient with me as I learn the ropes. Any comment and advice is welcome, but you know, be kind plz.
________________________________

Chapter 1 - The Beginning

It is the year 2015, Y/n L/n, lives in Britain, London. He works as an intermediate school teacher, living with his friend and flatmate Nate Riverhead.
A set of events opens a whole new life for Y/n...
_____________________________________________________

Of course, I've seen her films, I mean who hasn't? I could understand the attraction to such a beautiful woman, I mean, I always thought she was, well, fabulous. I suppose you always picture being with someone you assume to be beyond flawless and never expect it to happen. How can this person living in practically another world – suddenly come crashing down into your little space.

Y/n uses a marker on a whiteboard and circulars around the world "Great Gatsby" as he then begins to brainstorm.
"So what do we know?" Y/n spins around, facing a classroom full of kids sitting at their desks. Some drift off at the back of the room, while most are engaged with whatever Y/n is saying.
A young boy sitting a couple rows back raises his hand. Y/n points at him.
"Bradley." He says.

"We know that Gatsby is a strange man who throws big parties all the time because he wants to show off how cool he is." The boy states.

"Beautiful." Y/n energetically replies, writing it on the whiteboard.

"But he wanted to become friends with Mr. Callaway. " A girl near the front proclaims. "Maybe cause he feels alone?"

Without turning around, Y/n writes it on the board.

"Good, good." He says, then faces the room again.

"Anything else?" He asks. The class is silent and he looks around aimlessly, beginning to get impatient.

"Come on people. I'm going to start launching each and every one of you into space soon." He jokingly declares. His eyes then fall on a girl a couple rows back that is clearly chewing on gum, no matter how discreet she tries to look. "Starting with you Lola, if you don't spit that gum out." He points at her, with a grin and serious tone.

Some students giggle, and Y/n watches as Lola walks to the front and spits out her gum. While she walks back, Y/n thinks of ways to make the most of this humiliation.

"Lola." He points, as she falls back to her desk. "Since you obviously have a taste for junk, what did you think of the way Tom acts in that partical passage in – chapter 7?"

Though Lola has rebellious tendencies, it is in Y/n's best interest to keep her engaged with content that he knows she has read. She sighs before explaining, "Tom is an idiot, that did something stupid and dirty. I can't wait for him to get what he deserves."

"Alright, good." Y/n acknowledges. "A bit of common sense can't hurt anyone, can it."

Just as he is about to write it down, the bell rings and students bolt up from their chairs, madly cramming all their items on their desks before walking out.