Chapter 9

Chapter 9 - Unwelcome Distress

AN - WARNING -
This chapter will be heavy...enjoy!
________________________________

A few hours pass and more interviewers come and go. Until the last one finishes up and Margot is finally free to leave, the time is half past four and she faces the usual onslaught of flashes and shouts from the paparazzi as she heads towards her car.

The storm calms down immediately after the guard closes the door behind her, Margot is left to breath and unload as James drives off, she removes her glasses and lays her bag on the floor, glancing at the back of James.

"Had a good day James?" She asks. James glimpses at her in the rear-view mirror.

"It was okay Ms. Robbie. " He responds with a small friendly smile. "How was yours?"

"Yeah it was okay," She nods and sighs. "No Will today, which was unusual."

"Yes, I heard he's in California, promoting Concussion." James said, which Margot replies with a hum in agreement, she already knew. "What are your plans for next week Ms. Robbie? Are you going overseas?"

"Nah," She glances, looking out the window watching the world go by. "I'll stay in London for a bit. Visit some of my old housemates."

Although she has made plans to see her old London friends, she's more eager to spend some time with Y/n, the thoughts make her smirk out the window.

"That sounds nice," James acknowledged. "I'm hired as your driver for the week, so if you need a lift, I'm only a phone call away."

She softly smiles as she looks towards him. "Thank you James." A sincere show of gratitude, that means more given that James has been driving her around for nearly five weeks.

He lightly turns red, a mix of humbleness over the sudden gratitude but also embarrassment over the fact that it's Margot Robbie that thanked him.

As a brief pause washes over the car, Margot takes the opportunity to get out her phone and text Y/n. Opening her phone, she's surprised but relieved to see no new texts from her dumb Hollywood boyfriend. He thankfully left for America yesterday, beginning to do script reading for a big film he's starring in called Hero.
Anyway, she begins to type to Y/n...

"Hey, hope it's all going well." She sends, beginning to type her next text but before she can send it, Y/n begins to type back.

"A kid just told me to go fuck myself. Not a great start to the week, especially seeing as I killed him." Y/n responds. Witty and out of pocket.

"Well done, perfectly handled." She replies.

"Thank you. I do try." Y/n texts back. "Anyway, you finished for the day? I've got another two hours of paperwork after. Wooooo."

"Yep. Heading back to my hotel now." She ponders after sending the text, before her fingers fire away on the screen. "Wanna come over tonight? There's this really nice Mexican place I know. No worries if not, i've got plenty of time now that i'm free for a week."

She waits for his reply. Which only takes a second.

"Yeah, I'm keen." He answers simply.

With a bright smile on her face, she responds.

"Great. I'll let the guys at the front know you're coming." She types.

"Beautiful. Text you when I leave." He lets her know, as he then types something underneath. "Now, I gotta cover this kid's body and let my boss know. Talk soon."