Chapter 10: Down the Sad Memory Lane

AYAN

Arriving at the Villa of Boston's family finally, we filed out into a beautifully decorated house, with a beachfront and pool. Despite the awkward start, BostonNick and KhanThua seem to be getting along perfectly well. Khan finally relaxed in Nick's presence, no longer worried that he was flirting with him. Boston seems to be fond of his doppleganger's boyfriend whose responses to his flirtations are always so serious that Boston almost feels embarrassed. Surprised at this turn of events, Sand shrugged. He went to help Khan and Boston prepare the grill while I stayed with Nick, slicing vegetables in the kitchen as Thua arranged the table where we decided we would eat. We waved off the staff and told them to rest.

"Ayan?" Nick hesitantly calls.

"You can call me Aye, Nick. That's what most of my friends call me," I tell Nick gently.

"Okay. uhm... I might be a little out of line and it's okay if you scold me afterwards but I'll say it anyway because Sand is my best friend and I want him to be happy," Nick murmurs.

"Go on..." I urged him when he paused.

"Sand had avoided relationships for a few years now since he got his heart broken by Boeing, who cheated on him with a former friend of ours. He seems happy and serious with you though. I was just wondering if the feeling is mutual?" Nick blushed, feeling almost embarrassed for asking.

"I assume Sand hadn't told you much about us then? I don't know how to answer your question. I didn't want to start dating Sand. I've avoided getting into any relationships since my last disastrous one. Sand insisted on starting this and still I'm trying to figure out how I feel. He's nice though and I like being with him. So I'm sorry, though I understand your concern, I can't give you a clear answer for now and that's why I'm not mad, you were concerned, so you asked. Pretty sure Thua is doing the same to Sand. I don't want to lie to you Nick. No one's managed to cross the line I've drawn before, but Sand did all by himself. I don't hate what we have now but I still have my own issues to resolve. I want to figure it out before I decide what Sand and I's future is going to be," answering Nick softly.

"That's fair I guess. Sand could be persuasive when he wants to be," Nick smiled at me as if understanding why I let Sand cross the hard line I had drawn.

"Yeah. Especially if he blackmails you," laughing at myself for letting Sand do it when I could have easily stopped him and Nick laughed too, thinking I was only joking.

The night wore on and we were enjoying the great atmosphere, good food and entertaining company. Boston and Khan turned out to be a perfect comedic duo, much to the surprise of their boyfriends. They are much more similar than we initially thought after all especially now with a few drinks down Khan's usually serious face. 

Remembering that Khan was also very playful back when we were in Suppalo, in fact he was a major playboy- breaking quiet a number of the girl's hearts from the neighboring all girl schools, before he finally admitted his feelings for Thua. I sometimes wonder if the change in Khan is majorly caused by the incident and the fact that one of his best friend had vanished all of a sudden.