Chapter 12: Like We Used To

SAND

SAND

The days after our quick get away had been blissful. Ayan and I had spent most of the time after work and club gig together, slowly getting to know each other better. After the failure of my relationship with Boeing, I had developed an immunity against almost anyone's charm but Ayan broke through that immunity without even trying. In contrast to the balladeer Ray's easy going smile and flirtatious banters, Aye is subdued, reflective and it was surprisingly comfortable to just sit quietly with Ayan, writing songs, reading a book or just browsing social media.

Aye is also a very talented songwriter, this week alone we've made three songs together. I took care of the melody, while he wrote the lyrics. My excitement to release these song to the public borders on obsessive because I want them to appreciate the great songs I made with my lover.

In the company, Ayan and I try to maintain a professional distance but then we'd also sneak into the fire exit for a few minutes to make out. In YOLO, everyone had noticed the changes but no one had confronted us so far and we definitely have no plans to volunteer the information. We were just enjoying the beginning of our relationship and so it was less burdening if we didn't disclose it to the public, although outside work we don't really hide it that much.

Aye's friends are very nice people and I've hung out with Wat-who had come back from his few weeks stay in Japan and Khan and Thua, of course. A few times, Nick and Boston had even joined in, sometimes we'd eat out but mostly prefer to have a barbecue in Aye's house or Boston's. The doppelgängers have surprisingly become close fast and they now even call each other bro. Joking, it's nice to finally have a sibling, being only children of their families.

Aye is a very generous and passionate lover, making love has been almost heaven and no matter how many times we've slept together since we started dating, I still crave for him and my need almost borders on manic obsession. A few hours apart from Aye felt like forever. Nick had teased me a couple of times if he should just pack my bags for me because I am basically living with Aye.

Everything is going too well and too smoothly, I felt dread at the back of my mind knowing things couldn't be too perfect. Almost always, something happens when things are going great. I was already fearing whatever it would be and had pervently prayed that Aye and I would make it through. It took me so many years waiting for someone who will make me feel something again, if Aye leaves I don't think I'll survive it.

Casually walking into YOLO tonight expecting to find Ray on stage. Aye had left before I did because I was still in the studio. Glancing at the stage, it seems Aye is done or is he taking a break?

"Hey Plug! Is Ray's set done?" It's a bit early but that's the only possibility I could think of.

"Hey! Oh? Weren't you just here? Ray got down and told us it was an emergency. We even had to apologize to the crowd. In fact, your band members are getting ready. Yo asked the guys to start early and he already told Gray to take over the vocals,I swear that was you here and you immediately followed Ray out" Plug said confused, scratching his head.