Chapter 5: Together

A disguised Cinder along with yourself were walking through a town in the rain. Cinder is on edge but you held her bandaged left arm to reassure her.

"Just stay with me, and I'll make sure nothing bad happens to you before you get your strength back."

Cinder: "I know you will. You've been like that since we first met. I can't stop loving that part of you."

The two of you continued to walk until you saw a news report on TV regarding the attack on Haven Academy a few days ago. They display pictures of Cinder, Emerald, Mercury, Hazel, and Adam Taurus.

Cinder looked away while you looked at her.

"I miss your old hairstyle."

Cinder: "Once everything gets back on track, I'll see about getting that style back."

You and Cinder kept on walking.

"It's been days since the attack on Haven Academy failed," you thought. "That girl and her friends wounded Cinder and got the Relic of Knowledge. Adam's dropped off the radar. Knowing him, he's going to be following that Blake girl relentlessly until he finally kills her. I doubt it will end well for him."

Soon enough, you and Cinder see a building with the symbol of a spider in the center of a web and entered it. You saw several people conversing and drinking as you went toward a table in the back, where you saw a woman with a male and female guard at her sides.

"That's far enough."

The guards walked in front of you and Cinder and you pulled out two pouches of Lien of which you tossed onto the table.

"Okay."

Cinder walked up and sat in the chair across from the woman.