Chapter 7: Retribution

You woke up next to Cinder, admiring how peaceful she looked sleeping.

You received from Roman that read "Hope you enjoyed the apartment. Me and Neo will be looking for a way to get the damn lamp from the farmboy carrying it. You two stay on your guard. Ironwood and his army are now more paranoid than ever. Keep ya posted - Roman"

Cinder then began to wake up and saw you.

"Morning, Angel."

Cinder: "Morning."

"Had those nightmares again?"

Cinder: "No. Just the day we met. Bad dreams have surprisingly been going away."

"Glad to hear it."

Cinder got up and put her clothes on, and after you did the same, you left the apartment and snuck around Atlas, showing signs of disgust toward everyone living there like nothing is wrong.

You then went to the mansion where your former family resides. As you entered, you remembered the horror they put yourself through and clenched your fists in anger before punching a hole into a wall.

Cinder: "We got some time before those two get the relic and Salem comes here with her forces. So, how about we make your family pay for everything they put you through? It's only fair since they used you as spare parts for, what was it? Your twin?"

"Doppelganger relative. He was deemed more promising. So, I was kept in a room with nothing to do but watch the damn TV and worry about what they'll take from me next."

Cinder: "And when I was the only staff at that damn Inn, no matter how hard I worked, I was always tortured for even the smallest thing. They outright enjoyed making my life hell. Then one day, a Huntsman came, saw my situation, and offered to train me to escape. He even gave me one of his weapons once he thought I was ready. Then my owners came and tried to make things even worse for me. I snapped, killed them, and killed him since he decided to fight me. Truth be told, I thought you came into the inn a few times. Then I found you in Vale and eventually realized that you were put through hell as well."

You and Cinder held hands for a minute before infiltrating the mansion, where the two of you saw your look-alike walking with your parents. You and Cinder looked at each other before bringing out your weapons. Minutes later, the hall is covered in the blood your parents and your sibling, after they have been thoroughly ripped apart.

You breathed heavily before Cinder put her hand on your shoulder.

Cinder: "Let's get out of here."

You nodded, and the two of you left the mansion.