- 𝐱𝐢𝐯.

Excuse mistakes! pls & thank youu! 💛

————————

mackenzie; mackenzie estate|november 193:01 pm

mackenzie;
mackenzie estate|november 19
3:01 pm

as we all sat in the living room while my mom prepared lunch for us. she had gotten back in town yesterday, so we had been spending time together and everything before the trip. everybody decided they wanted to chill at my place since everything else was dry right now. i didn't want to mention trell but it had been two weeks, almost three & i hadn't heard from him nor seen him at all. plus the trip is in two days, "has anyone heard from kentrell?"

i know i know- yes, we are still in our little weird space but he's still my friend and i wanted to enjoy my thanksgiving with him, especially since i know he doesn't have the proper family to enjoy his own.

babyjoe nodded, "i talked to 'em yesta'day. he focusing on his rappin'..been in the studio most times," he explained.

i scoffed "that's cute." discontinuing the conversation, i entered the kitchen grabbing a water bottle. "what's wrong with you?" my mom questioned watching as i slumped into the stool bar.

"me and kentrell are in a weird space right now" i confessed.

her head snapped back at me with her eyebrow slightly raised. "you never been in a weird space with nobody but that trinity girl, but i knew she was a snake from the start," she tapped the scoop against the skillet.

i guess that's what you call mother's intuition. most times i didn't have to say much, she just knew or eventually figured it out.

"yeah," i stated drily considering everything that had unfolded. over the last couple of days, she had been posting some mysterious shit, obviously kentrell was still involved with her..planned to talk to him but i wasn't finna blow him up about it.

"don't be a fool," she insisted. "whatever it is that's goin' on between y'all remember the ball is always in your court. he will come back & you make sure you always play it smart, never react off your emotions."

i considered what she was telling me and thought about it. she was absolutely right, if kentrell wanted to play games, so could i. i can do whatever the fuck i wanna do.

"you right ma," i confirmed. "if he wanna play games he can really stay away from me. it's always somebody out here," i stated. she nodded, "that's right baby" still tending to the food she was making, which smelled so delicious. the sweet, aromatic apple & cinnamon smell fused throughout our home. "front door opened," the alarm sounded letting us know that someone was either exiting or leaving.