I.

excuse mistakes💫

———————

mackenzie kai'sleigh sinclair
Hᴏᴡ ɪᴛ ᴀʟʟ sᴛᴀʀᴛᴇᴅ.

- omniscient pov -

mackenzie twirled the barstool left to right then back the other way. she listened in on the conversation heavily, saddened that her mother was about to tell her she was leaving, once again.

"yes sir. i greatly appreciate the opportunity, i will be on the next flight out and look forward to meeting you" robin entered the kitchen area where her daughter sat patiently.

her face already in a pout.

"alright goodbye sir."

robin and mackenzie made eye contact, already knowing their time for the moment was over. having a mother as a flight attendant and a daughter in high school, you don't get to see each other a lot.

either one of you is working, or the other is involved with school activities or friends, of course.

robin sighed, "i'm so sorry stinks. mommy has to get back to work."

mackenzie shrugged her shoulders, nodded her head. she should be used to her mom leaving because she was away most holidays, birthdays, just about 85 percent of the year. time they spent together was never enough.

mackenzie always wished that her mother worked a regular 9-5, so that she could be home with her. it was even harder on her because she doesn't know her father, never met him, he was barely ever spoken about. they didn't have much family either, when mackenzie was much much younger, her mom moved them across the country to start a new life.

it worked out-for the most part. however, mackenzie wanted a family, a real family. she wanted the sleepovers with all the cousins at grandma's, the family gatherings and reunions, the big thanksgiving and christmas holidays together.. however all it ever was, was Robin and her auntie, kash.

kash stayed in Detroit most of her life, until she started rapping and moved to Atlanta. with Robin and mackenzie in Louisiana, the drive was only about 7-8 hours.

"i know ma. how long this time?" she fondled with the full wispy lash set she had got installed this morning.

robin shrugged, "i'll have to see once i get settled and look more into the job-it's a really great offer baby. i wish you could go with me," she pouted.

nodding her head, mackenzie bit her bottom lip fighting back tears. the only people she seen most of her time was her friends. her friends were very close to her, through thick and thin.

"it's okay"

robin started for the stairs to pack before turning on her heels with a smirk, "almost forgot! your tete kash is coming over in a couple of hours and you know you can invite your little friends over too!"

that gave kenzie a little bit of excitement. her tete always had the hot new gossip on celebrities, the best fashion inspo.. tete kash was like the tete everybody wish they could have.