~|Golden|~8

~|Golden|~

Lo'ak's pov:

This is fake, I watched him die, he stopped. He died, I sat there and watched him... Right?..  "ao'nung" "go get my mom!!" He said freaking out laying him down and running to his mother's room. Ronal had walked in rubbing her stomach and laughing with her husband. "MOM!!!" ao'nung kept yelling until he finally seen his mom. He dragged her to neteyam and her face went pale blue, "go get your parents" Ronal said to me but I kinda just stared at his body blankly.... "He's dead" I whispered looking at neteyam, he wasn't breathing or anything. "What the fuck" i put my hand on my head shook it no, "he's dead!!" I ran out running to my hut as I kept repeating 'hes dead' my mom looked at me concerned. "He's dead!! He's dead!!" I cried harder as she tried to calm me down. "DONT TOUCH ME" I yelled making my dad put his full attention on me, "he's alive" I breathed heavy... And my parents looked at me shocked. "Neteyam... He's alive..." I looked at them and they shook they're heads no, "baby are you dizzy" I grabbed my dad arm and dragged his arm while I ran. "COME ON!!" I yelled as we got closer to Ronals hut. He stopped and tried to pull me back but I kept running.

I ran in as I seen Ronal doing what Ronal does... Idk and idc. "I-" tonowari hushed me and told me to get out, the whole group came up to me and ao'nung. He seemed a little happy but only because neteyam was finally alive. "Wait so neteyam's alive?!" Ao'nung said yes breathing heavy. I just sat down and stared.... 'baby bro' kept running through my mind... I-... I kept trying to get his voice right but I honestly couldn't remember... It kinda scared me.

Ao'nungs pov:

I'm actually shitting right now, I can't believe he's alive. I loved him so much.... I loved him?... I sat next to lo'ak and kinda went blank, "what if I never went out there?" "Why did you even go out there" rotxa smiled at me a little. I wanted to die but I couldn't say that... But u truly did, I wanted to be with neteyam no matter what. Even if it meant sacrificing my life for him, I'm pretty sure lo'ak felt the same way because he was just blank, he hadn't spoke a word..... You'd think he'd happier, maybe he's just not in his head right now, I guess....

We stayed here for hours until his mom told them to come in, I got up and looked at the curtain. Jake was hugging him and rotxo had got him some water... I just watched, I knew if I walked in Id ruin the moment. Then I thought for a minute, if he seen me would he be happy. Spiderbthan ran into there, where tf was he he whole damn time half the hut already heard about it and he's the last one to show up. He smiled at neteyam, he smiled at neteyam.

After what felt like hours they let neteyam rest and spider and Kiri just kept yapping about something, rotxo was so third wealing so I pulled him aside and whispered to him, "I don't like spider.." "why?" "He came last" "Kay??" "Nevermind" I rolled my eyes as rotxo admired kiri. "Bro shes holding his hand it's obvious she likes him" I said looking at them as spider looked back at us. We quickly turned anyway and it was obvious we was looking at him. Kiri then said bye to spider as he said he wanted to get some fresh air. She teied to talk to rotxo but I could tell she was playing with his feelings atp. I dragged rotxo along with me as we started walking slowly after spider, he smiled looking around as me and rotxo catched up with him. "Hi?" Rotxo said looking doqn at him. "Uh hi?" He looked at both of us, "you like neteyam?" I glared at him, rotxo rolled his eyes and said sorry. "you like Kiri?!" He said about to slap him but I stopped him, "and my irst impression was bad???" I laughed a little as spider looked at us smiling a little, "anyway where's your tail??" I said looking at him. "We dont have any?" "Why" rotxo said obviously dumbfounded. "Do you have to earn them?" "No we just do have any" .....

"Uhm I gtg" he said walking off into the forest. "Ew." Rotxo said side eyeing him, but then he froze and blushed. "Gay ass" I laughed but then he moved my cheeks towards where he was looking. There was a girl watching him but she quickly disappeared. "Simp" "c'mon let's go find her" "no let's go check on lo'ak he looks depressed" "no neteyam" "lo'ak" "yeah?" "NETEYAM!!" "But what if he doesn't wanna see me?" "Ao'nung I know him... He will" Lo'ak said smiling, "when did u get here??" Rotxo said. "Why are you so short??" "IM LITERALLY TALLER THAN U?" "not for long" lo'ak smiled walking off.

We went to the little hut neteyam was laying in, I walked in after rotxo seeing neteyam sleep, he sure was beautiful. I started to tear up as I remembered Jake walking back with neteyam in his arm's. Rotxo looked at me as his smile faded away. He grabbed my arm and brought me closer to him, I knelt down beside him. I cried harder just by looking at his face, he shifted to his side. I got up and cleard my throat, "I can't do this-" "ao'nung?" His voice cracked a little as he sat up rubbing his eyes, I hugged him tightly almost forgetting he was injured. He didn't say anything and just hugged me back giggling. "I missed you so so much" I cried a little bit harder. He smiled and let go, "I missed you too-" "your not aloud to do that again" I looked at him pouting a little. He smiled and held my cheek, "what do you mean?" I looked at him confused and smiled a little. "You died?" I asked in a questioning as he just stared at me then looking up at rotxo. "No I didn't.." "but we had a.." I looked at him in the eyes, they seemed a darker yellow. I got up and whispered something to rotxo. He nodded as we said goodbye to neteyam. "That's not neteyam." "What do you mean?" "Neteyam's eyes are lighter and before he died his lip was a little chipped" "and?" "So that's not neteyam" "well-" "plus neteyam has more of bucked teeth and his fangs are small" "true" "so I think-" "no." I nodded.

"Neteyam's a water walker?" Kiri said laughing a little "your imagination is crazy" "just listen okay. When I got a good look at him his teeth weren't bucked" "aye don't say that he's insicure about that" spider said looking at me, "no neteyam's teeth Were all sharp and... I just-" "neteyam didn't even remember his last words" "and plus when I hugged him tight he didn't seem hurt" "I mean he did say he forgot spiders name" I smiled, "but that means neteyam's dead then?" Reya asked. I stopped smiling, "yeah.." rotxo looked like he was taking a shit, "remember that girl we seen?" "Mhm" "what if... No nvm" "go ahead say it!" "Well when we first seen him he looked like well him. What if she" "ohhh" we all said in sync. "Maybe" "what even are water walker's?" "They steal ur soul" "so she stole..." "You get them back once the water walker dies" "so if we can kill the walker we can get neteyam back.." "they go for the weakest?" Rotxo asked a little concerned. "Don't worry rotxo" lo'ak smiled.

The plan was Kiri would go to the tree of souls and hopefully not die this time, me and rotxo would try to find neteyam's body since it was frozen in time and lo'ak and spider would distract neteyam. It was a perfect plan but the only ick was that Kiri could drown. It would take all day to find his body and lo'ak and spider are bad at distracting people. I pulled on a long twig, I kept struggling so rotxo came over to help me.... There it was... Neteyam. "Woahhh" rotxo said a little disgusted, "he looks odd... Yeah odd." "He's frozen in time" I rolled my eyes getting him up.

Lo'ak was outside playing tag with the so called neteyam, so me and rotxo quickly dragged him to my room. Kiri came back not dead and smiled. "Wheres spider?" She said yo rotxo, I could feel his heartbreak.
"

Hey Kiri he doesn't know nor does he care" I said walking over to them. If he wasn't going to say anything I most definitely was, "uhm okay" she said walking out. Tsireya smiled and walked in with the poison, "oh uhm no tsireya we dont-" "I'm getting my bestie back." She said adding the red dust to the clear water and as soon as it hit the water it didn't change its color at all. We sat it down as neteyam came back in laughing a little, I hugged him. "You okay babe?" "Yeah baby I'm okay" 'i fucking knew it' I let go of him and smiled. "So how's the baby?" "Baby?" "Mhm" "uhm. Can I maybe get some water?" He pointed to he cup and quickly gave it to him. He smiled and took a big gulp... Then he started choking, "you okay?" Kiri said, "yeah I'm just tired" he said. We nodded and walked out.

We went back in after and hour and he was gone. "It worked!" "Where did he go?" Kiri shrugged. "He drifted away duh" "guys.." rotxo pointed to the necklace neteyam always wore. ".... shit" "what does that mean?" "We killed him"

"Nuh uh" Kiri said pacing back and forth. I went to my room to see if neteyam was there and he was sound asleep on my bed. Breathing, and he didn't look a paler blue....  I shook him awake and he just yawned. "Hmm?" He said. I seen the bucked teeth, the Golden eyes. I seen my neteyam.