Revealment

It's been a few days since the remembrance ceremony at the square. I have another event today and thankfully Elijah can be there to support and so can Ms Lola. I sit in my dressing room, prepped for the first walk when Lola enters.

"How you feeling girl?" I woke up this morning feeling under the weather and as much as I'd love to skip this event I can't. I owe my parents this.

"I'm okay." I reply looking at her through the mirror with a small smile.

"You have a visitor." She says with a wink before leaving. I turn around in my chair to see Jason enter, shutting the door behind him.

"What are you doing here?"

"Well, to ensure no fires break out this time." He jokes and I sigh turning away. "You okay?"

"Yeah, just not in the mood for banter." I look back at my reflection in silence and he moves closer.

"That lady said you weren't feeling well-"

"That ladies name is Lola." I glance at him through the mirror and he stops behind me. "Why are you here?"

"I told you why already-"

"I don't believe you." I meet his eyes and I can tell he's hesitant.

"I wanted to ask you something."

"You're on in 5 Ana!" A stage director yells from the hall.

"Ask away." I reply touching up my makeup.

"Why are you so content on finding out what I am?" I freeze. "You don't gain anything by knowing. So why?"

"3 minutes!"

"I.." I shake my head. "I just want to know." I look away, standing and heading for the door. He appears infront of the door, blocking me from opening it. "Jason-"

"I don't believe you now." His eyes flicker to red.

"2!"

"I don't have time for this right now Jason-"

"Why aren't you afraid? Why do you find my eyes so intriguing? You should be afraid of me-"

"1 minute!"

"Jason."

"Just tell me, why don't you fear me?-"

"30! Ana lets go!" I remain silent, unable to answer him.

"You have the worst timing." I reply, pushing him out of the way and heading to the runway.
After completing the show Elijah meets me back in my dressing room.

"You did good." He says as I sit down in my chair catching my breath. "This will be the last for a few weeks, you need to regain your strength."

"Is that really necessary?" Lola unties my hair and I feel a relief as my hair falls to its sides.

"You need to be healthy, not sickly. Especially if you wanna get your title back." Lola replies as I open my eyes.

"Get changed, we're heading home." Elijah says with a smile as I roll my eyes in response.
As they exit I look at my reflection again thinking back to earlier when Jason was here..
I wish I knew how to reach him.
I look down at my phone where I've saved the video and think to myself.

"Why don't you fear me?"

I see the flames move as he enters and I think back even harder.

"I'm not participating in this." .. He didn't even bow his head for the prayer..