beginning

I sit across from Jason in his limo as were escorted to an estate in the royals district in town where this party Simon was going on about is taking place. Most of the rides been silent but as we get closer I can't help but feel a bit off.

     "So when you snapped your fingers you did this?" I ask him not really understanding it all.

    "I did."

    "Thank you." He chuckles.

   "It's no problem." He pauses as I look out my window. "How are you feeling? Elijah didn't seem to fond of this outing." I sigh.

     "Elijah worries too much.. You worry too much I'm fine." I glance at him. "Why red?" He remains silent as the carriage stops. I see a bunch of people outside and I sit back shutting my eyes for a moment. Mentally preparing myself for this.

      "Ready?" He asks as he opens the door. I nod and he exits, holding his hand out for me. I take it as I exit and flashing cameras point out way instantly once they spot me. He holds his arm out for me to grab and I take it, him guiding me through the crowd and toward the entrance. Once inside the ballroom eyes look out way almost immediately.

"My oh my is that Lady Knight?" A guy says aloud to his friends as we pass them. I tighten my grip on Jason's arm unintentionally as we walk through the other crowd or royals.

"I don't see Simon." I say as we find an empty table. I sit down as he looks around.

"It would be pretty messed up if he invited you here and didn't show." I nod as Jason glances toward another table. I follow his gaze and see a guy nod to him.

"Who's that?" I ask looking up at him.

"I'll be right back." As he steps away my eyes search the crowd for Simon. But I still don't see him. I reach for my phone and call him and still get no answer.

"Ana?" I look up and see Simons betrothed, Jessica approach me. "Simon said you were sick? What happened?"

"He actually convinced me to come. I'm alright though." I fake a smile and she nods. "Have you seen him?"

"Yeah actually. He's over there getting drunk." She pushes past me and I look toward where she pointed to see him downing a bottle on his own at a table outside on the deck. I sigh making my way over and notice he's alone out here.

"Simon?" I walk over as he glances my way. "What's wrong?"

"What's wrong? Everything's wrong that's what's wrong." He takes another sip as I take a seat next to him. "Where your date anyways? Shouldn't you be keeping him busy?"

"He isn't my date Simon." I say with a smile. "Seriously what's gotten into you you're never like this-" I place my hand on the table and he instantly grabs it tightly my smile fading as his grip tightens. "Simon, that hurts."

"Why'd you have to come with him? Hm? What does he do that makes you fall for him?" He places his hand on my thigh.

"Simon stop."

"Does he do that? Does it feel good?" I try pulling away as his hand moves up more.

"Simon I said stop!" I push him hard off of me and stumble back out of my chair in fear as he comes at me.

"The fucks wrong with you Ana?!" He goes to swing at my face but I look away holding my hands up as tears fill my eyes but the hit never lands. I open my eyes slowly to see Jason standing infront of me holding Simons arm and preventing him from moving.

"J-Jason?" I whisper as his friend he approached earlier moves to my left holding his hand out for me.

"Go with him Ana." Jason says glancing back at me. "You can trust him. He's a friend." A tear falls down my face and I shake my head looking toward the crowd of people in the ballroom who haven't noticed what's happened. I back up, placing my hand behind me on the railing of the deck.