Chapter 10:

"Ready." Ana shuts her eyes as my lips brush against hers softly. I focus my ability, she tenses up at first, wincing but fading into her sleep state shortly after. I pull away slowly, feeling myself wanting her.. I shake my head, resisting and bringing a hand to my mouth as Ash appears.

    "You good?" He asks placing a hand on my shoulder and I nod. "I'm going to seal her now then."

    "Go ahead." I whisper as my eyes flicker back to normal. His eyes turn red as he lights the force field that surrounds her and backs away.

    "There." A siren goes off in the intercom.

   "It's starting." I reply looking back at our guards. "Into position." Ash and I disappear up onto the upper level of the ballroom, waiting for Sekiro to make his appearance.

"About earlier.. Why did Ana bring up transition?"

"We talked." I whisper back. "She said she didn't know what she wanted."

"You know you can't turn her right?" I remain silent as he whispers. "You aren't meant to. It could kill you."

" I know.. I don't plan on it." I lie..
I know the risks..
But it's what she wants.

The doors to the ballroom open about an hour after the attack on the estate begins. Sekiro enters chuckling at the sight of Ana.

"Seems you're all making this way harder than it has to be!" He walks toward her as his guards enter behind him. "A shame." He notices the force field and sighs.

"What's this?" I freeze at the sound of that voice.. The ballroom doors open again however this time revealing Roan, walking toward Sekiro a bit annoyed. Ash and I both look in shock at the sight of her and I immediately appear to the side of them, in disbelief.

"What's going on?" I ask looking at her and then Sekiro. She meets my eyes in surprise and Sekiro smiles. "You're supposed to be dead.. I watched you die."

"Ah did I fail to mention that?" Sekiro laughs. "You're welcome, I've brought your dear beloved back. As one of mine of course."

"You never.. reached out?"

"How could I? You found a replacement." She moves to Sekiros side and inspects Ana. "She's definitely pretty ill give you that." She raises her hand to the force field and as I take a step toward her Im stabbed in the back by one of the guards. O wince, dropping to one knee as the sword is removed. I channel a flame circle around me, the guard backing away in fear and Roan looks back at me. "I don't like her Jason. I want her gone."

"You have no right to make demands." Ash appears , Two of our guards appearing to protect him.

"I figured this handy work was your doing." She replies placing her hand on the force field. She endures the pain, screaming out as electricity flows toward her.

"Stop!" I yell at her. "Roan stop!" She pulls her hand away, catching her breath as Sekiro sheathes his sword.

    "Do you love me or her!?" She asks stopping to face me with hurtful eyes. "If you love me then you'll let me do this!" I freeze unable to choose.
I'm confused.
All this time, Roan? Was Alive?

    "Jason!" Ash yells at me and shakes his head. "You have to stop them." He whispers in disbelief. Sekiro moves toward the forcefiled as the flames around me disappear and Roan walks toward me. Ash is pinned by their guards.. Our guards are stuck as well.. I'm the only one with free rein.. "Jay!"

    "I missed you Jason." She whispers placing her hands on my cheeks. "Didn't you miss me?"

   "Of course I have.." I whisper as her eyes flicker to red.

    "Then why are you so hesitant?" I look past her at Sekiro who stabs the force field, Ash winces in pain but Roan moves my face back to her. "She's human.. She'll never love you like I did. Why are you protecting her?" I try looking past her again but she blocks my view. "She has to die Jason.."

    "No.." I whisper trying to see what he's doing.

   "Yes. She does. Look at me! Look at me!" I meet her eyes once more and realize how different hers are from Ana's.. Hers.. Are full of evil.. While Ana's are pure. "Let her go. The sooner you do that, the sooner we can be together again. Don't you want that?" I see Sekiro raise his sword again and all my instincts take over in a split second. Roans on the ground with a snap of her neck and I'm holding the swords blade with my hand, the tip, unfortunately piercing Ana before I could reach her. Sekiro looks at me with surprise and I put all my force into lifting it out of her skin with his grip trying to push it deeper.

    "DAMNIT!" I grab my other hand, grabbing Sekiro by his collar, beginning to burn his skin. "Killing me does nothing! You hear me?! NOTHING! They won't stop! NOT UNTIL SHES DEAD!"

    "They'll have to go through me first." I lift the sword with my other hand as he loses his grip and swing it into his neck. His body collapsing on impact and I can't help but feel dizzy myself as our guards make their move again. Attacking Sekiros as I look to Ana who's losing way too much blood. I lean over the casket, placing a hand on her wound to heal it but it doesn't do anything. "Come on.." I whisper wincing as I fall to one knee again. Both my hand injury and my back bleeding pretty badly. "Come on!" I yell to myself. "You should be healing damnit!" I begin to panic as I hold down her wound and hear her pulse slowing down. "Come on!!" My eyes turn red in frustration and look toward Ash who is head to head with a vampire. No one can help me and I don't have much time..
if she bleeds out she's dead..
I have to do something but my healing isn't working..

"If something happens.. I want you to be the one to turn me."

I shut my eyes in fear.. If I do this.. There's a chance I won't make it.. But she'll be able to live if I do.

"I don't wanna die."
Her words echoing in my ears..
I have to do this..
I have to save her.

I pick myself up onto my Two feet again, bringing my head to hers and rest my forehead on hers for a moment. Contemplating all of this one last time.

"You're not dying yet. I won't let you." I brush my lips against hers, focusing whatever energy I have left into consuming what I can from her soul, sending it back to her through our kiss. The impact upon release hits me hard as I hear Ash yell my name.. My body collapses to the ground before everything fades to black.