~1.01~

Ep. 1 - Pilot

We're the Pogues and our mission this summer is to have a good time, all the time.

John B was standing on one of the new buildings, foot out, balancing while drinking beer. I scoffed at his stupidity but couldn't blame him because I would do the exact same thing if I was bored. We were bored. We were all bored. Just hanging out at a construction site house was entertaining for us. Well, it was mostly when Gary and the security guards showed up. That was the best part.

"That's what? A three-story fall to the deck. I give you about a one-in-three chance of survival," Pope commented, looking up at John B. He shrugged and continued to hold his foot out above the roof.

I swung my legs off the side of the railing, looking out on the water. I held the rim of my beer can with three fingers before taking a sip. I threw my head back and gazed at John B. He licked his finger before looking back looking directly at me. "Addy? You think I should jump?"

"You should jump. I shoot you on the way down," I replied, picking up a screwdriver with my free hand and pointing it at John B. He rolled his eyes and curled the corners of his lips into a smile.

"You'll shoot me?" he scoffed, rolling his eyes.

John B pointed fingers guns and me and mimicked a small explosion. He did finger guns 24/7 and it got annoying. I spun around on the railing and looked at the others. Kiara made her way outside and I looked at her, still holding onto the screwdriver. I was going to set it down eventually, even though I didn't need to at the moment. "They're gonna have Japanese toilets with toilet warmers,"

"Of course. Why wouldn't they?" JJ asked, swirling his beer can.

"This used to be a turtle habitat, but who cares about the turtles, I guess?" Kiara mumbled, throwing her hands up.

"I can't have cold towels," JJ groaned, as Kiara looked at me.

I nodded towards the roof of the house, and she turned back around. She held her hand up in front of her face to block the sun to get a good look at John B. "Can you please not kill yourself?" Classic Kiara.

"Don't spill that beer. I'm not giving you another one," JJ smirked, before chugging the rest of his beer and crunching the can with his hand. He threw it at Kiara and she dodged it, before glaring at him.

She rolled her eyes and came over to sit next to me. We both looked up at John B in utter disapproval. He threw his foot out again, and almost fell, resulting in the dropping of his beer. It clattered on the ground and beer drained out of it. "Oh shit..."

"Of course you did. Like, right when I specifically said not to spill the beer. You spilled it. Classic," JJ laughed, throwing his head back, before looking back at John B.

John B groaned, holding his arms out like an idiot, trying to get his can back. "You don't have the force, JB." I smiled.

Pope made his way across the deck before turning back to us. "Hey...uh... guys. Security's here. Let's wrap it up," Pope swung his finger around like he was trying to make a circle. We all got the message and packed it up pretty quickly because there wasn't much to pack up.

"Boys are early today," JJ laughed, slamming his hands on the railing, making it clang against his rings. He shot up and bounced up and down.