Ever The Contrarian

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

As Mercury and Nox walked back, they were, of course, greeted by a worried fluorine and a hyperventilating Iodine. Or, at least, she was hyperventilating before. currently, though, she wasn't even conscious. "Im back!" Mercury said, siwing aside the curtains to reveal her best friend , who was lying on the floor. Its easy enough to find out what happened if ou remember chapter 3. "Oh, fainting spells again?" Mercury asked, and Flourine nodded. Mercury! she literally worried herself ot death over you, shame on ya! "OOOOPS. thats my fault..." she said, scratchin her brown hair. innocent until proven guilty??? Welp, now all the could do was wait for her to wake up. which was going to take a while. "But, anyway, I got the ID. should we go to a party to celebrate?!" Mercury asked, hefting her brand-new ID high in the air. yes, Mercury! after all that pure drama and brick-throwing you went through to get that singular peice of paper, you can brag as much as you want. "Good job! but what took so long?" Fluorine asked, green eyes wide, (wide with curiosity i mean) and Mercury chuckled, patting her head. good question. Here she was, lying to a child. Have some morals, bruh!

"What do you think? I got lost." Nox flinched behind her, but Mercury pretended not to notice. sus???? "So, party??? wanna borrow some bling-y clothes on Ioidne, Flo? She probably has some good loot somewhere." Mercury said, picking up her friend's suitcase. no privacy if your fainted! after all, Io wasnt there to see. she knew her best friend too well. "If it was me, I would hide a few decent dresses... right here!" Mercury said, unzipping a hidden pocket inside the brown suitcase. Of course, 3 of the most blinged-up dresses she had ever seen tumbled out. Nice save, Iodine!

"Flourine, over here! we can pinch this one back a little to make it perfect for you." Mercury cheered, holding up a light green dress. All hail Iodine!

and, while were on the topic of Iodine, why dont I write it to that she wakes up? speak of the devil, I guess. You jinxed it or something, Mercury. Or, I jinxed it! As mercury was helping Flourine put it on, Iodine stirred awake. Told you she jinxed it. "Mer, you're back!' Iodine said delitghedtly, and Mercury hugged her. she hugged her in a way that her back was turned away form the suitcase she had been going through. Mercury had a feeling she would get smacked if Iodine found out hwat she had been doing. "Did you get it? The ID?" Iodine asked, and Mercury grinned, passing her the fresh scroll. "We were thinking of going to a party to celebrate. I'm officially safe now!" Mercury said, and Iodine high-fved her. "Of course! only the best party, though!" Iodine said, and Flourine cheered. "Right, Fluorine! its your birthday today too, right?" Mercury said, and Flourine gasped. dashing to the calendar on the wall, she exclaimed, 'Right, it is!" . weird that she forgot her own birthday.

Mercury gently took her favorite choker off her neck and handed it to Flourine. "Heres your gift. My favoirte choker." Fluorine stared at the delicate silver moon and lush satin straps for a minute, before saying, "It seems special..." oooh! fast! "Yes, its a family heirloom. The only one I have, too. Its meant to be passed down to only those you absolutely trust." Mercury said, patting Flourine's head and closing the clasps. Since her neck was bigger, it was big enough on fluorine to look like a necklace. "Happy birthday, Fluorine." Mercury said happily.

As Iodine, Nox, and Mercuy waled up to the gate (They had left Flourine there because she had fallen asleep in her dress, the poor thing), Iodine held up 3 golden-lined tickets. She as wearing a galaxy-blue gown, with a beautiful skirt that showed off her slender figure and gold earrings. Mercury, meanwhile, was wearing the peachy pink dress that faded to a deep red towards the bottom, and makeup to make her face look dewy and delicate. her hair was a in a delicate bun, tied with a ribbon and adorned with plum blossoms. honestly, she looked good. Nox was wearing a deep, blood-red suit that brought out his red eyes and a gold earring in one ear. His hair was especially styled today, and Mercury could already see a few fangirls up and ready to swarm him. Nox will not be left alone! now I kinda get why he hated going outside. The guard bowed to open the gate. Mercury hesitated, not sure if she should step in. "Hey, when I said party, I meant, like, a club. Not a ball. where did you even get the tickets...?" Mercury said, and Iodine nodded at a figure in the shadows, wearing a cloak over his head. very sus. "That guy over there. He paid for me. the tickets costed 100 million coins in total, apparently." oh, alright Iodine! so you just randomly accept tickets from a hooded stranger? have you not heard of stranger danger?