Welcome to WICKED

Welcome to WICKED -

Okay, heh heh, it seems I've got some real Tommy haters. Believe me, he's not my fav character either, but don't worry, the rest of his brain will be pretty much done growing by the end of the book, lol, :)..! And little hint sneak peak here. Tommy loves Newt like 'family'... Have fun trying to figure out just what that means, ;)...

Sorry for mking u listen to me rant!

The lights came back on and they both woke slowly.

He could just make out the sound of Tommy sneezing before he opened his eyes. They were still in the room. Tommy shifted into a sitting position pulling the covers half off him. He scrunched his face when the chilly air hit him and he tugs the blankets back over him.

"I think they left bread." Thomas said, voice sounding a bit scratchy. He sighed, he was starving, literally. Thomas got up leaving him slightly colder without the extra warmth of the bigger boy besides him.

"They left us two pieces each." Thomas said, he looked like he was looking for something then pumped his fist in the air. "Yes!"

"What?" He asked, still drowsy from sleep.

"They gave me my request, now we have peanut butter for the bread." Tommy said coming over to him. He sat up slowly as Thomas looked for something to use as a knife.

"This'll work." Thomas' voice came from the bathroom, he came back holding what looked like a popsicle stick but bigger. Thomas worked with making the sandwiches, and he insisted Newt eat one and a half, he tried to argue, tell Thomas they didn't know when they'd get food again, but it was futile and he was still tired and his ribs ached worse so he stopped trying to protest.

"There." Thomas said as they ate. He realized he still hadn't had any water and his throat burned when he swallowed, especially with the peanut butter.

"I have to get some water." He said getting up without too much difficulty, Thomas watched him carefully and Newt had to smile at that. His concern making him feel better.

He stumbled into the bathroom and immediately gulped down the icy water until he no longer felt like he'd die if he ate the peanut butter, and limped back into the room. Thomas was still there to his relief.

"You know, I've thought about it, and WICKED.. is incredibly.. stupid." Thomas said suddenly, he looked up with interest.

"Why's that?" He asked, Thomas looked thoughtful.

"Just the way they do things." Tommy said taking another bite, Newt rolled his eyes.

"Example?" He asked, Thomas nodded.

"Well for instance, putting kids through hell where all they ever learn to do is fight to survive and then try and get them to behave under control of the enemy, they had to know that was gonna backfire." Thomas said, Newt nodded.

"Yeah, but maybe that was the whole point, to put kids through hell where all they learn is to fight to survive and then monitor how we react to having to be under the control of the enemy. I mean that's all WICKED ever does anyway, is control us." Newt said, Thomas nodded.

"But they always try to use force, they're idiots. Ya see, if they really wanted any chance of us listening they should have used us against each other." Thomas said, Newt narrowed his eyes in confusion.

"But that didn't work, I mean turning us against each other would only make us hate each other, not love WICKED." Newt said, Tommy shook his head.

"That's not what I meant, I meant like holding one of us hostage, or claiming if we helped them they'd make a cure for you, I mean, that's what matters to us, using the force tactic never works." Thomas says shaking his head, he frowns.