Chapter 17: Watery ❤️Romance💚

Midnight helped Sonic out of the water, with a lot of effort.

Midnight: Sonic! Why do you eat so much chili dogs?!

Sonic: 'Cause they're good, Middy!

Midnight: *glares at Sonic* Have you lost your mind?! You know I didn't like being called that!

Sonic: Didn't! And now? I think you warmed up to me~! You're not punching me in the gut~!

Midnight: *blushes* Shut up, you idiot! Now, let's find the ocean gang.

It was an awkward moment between the two hedgehog as they tried to focus on finding the ocean gang, but focused on each other no matter how hard they tried.

Sonic: 💭Why do I love this grumpy hedgehog💭

Midnight: 💭Why do I love this idiotic hedgehog💭

Until Sonic broke the silence, taking their one moment together alone to finally confess his feelings to Midnight.

Sonic: So... Can I tell you something?

Midnight: Yeah. What?

Sonic was not good at this. He could not find the words to say. Until he just flat out said...

Sonic: I love you.

Midnight flinched out of shock, not expecting that.

Midnight: 💭Wait did I hear him right please tell me I heard him right💭

Midnight: What did you say?

Sonic: I said I love you... *chuckles nervously*

Midnight: 💭I did hear him right! OH MY GOD!💭

Sonic: What about you?

Midnight: 💭What do I say what do I say what do I say...💭

Midnight: *quickly* I love you too!

Sonic: And another thing, will you be my boyfriend?

Midnight: Yes! What do we say to Shadow?

Sonic: *puts on a flirty face* He doesn't need to know.

Midnight: You're referencing Rouge the Bat, Sonic the Hedgehog, I hope you know that.

Sonic: *snicker* I know I know.

After a moment of silence between the two newly confirmed boyfriends, Midnight spoke

Midnight: Speaking of *joking voice* Mademoiselle Rouge the Bat, do you think we're EVER gonna get back home? What will the others think about us?

Sonic: Amy will say something, Rouge will be weirded out, Knuckles will question what the heck happened, Tails will be supportive and Shadow will be meh.

Midnight: *laughing* So true Sonic. Anyway, so where is the ocean gang...?

Sonic: Don't know. Last time I saw them they were just over the rocks over there!

Midnight: How will we get there with all this water?! We can't run on water if you remember, Sonic! Especially not you!

Sonic: 💭Right he wasn't there for me running on water💭

Sonic: What if I told you we can?

Midnight: I would put you on a boat and send you away in fear you went mad, Sonic the Hedgehog.

Sonic: Well...

Sonic POV

I took his hand, and put on a cocky smirk.

Sonic: You better have found a boat on one of our travels because we can!

Midnight: Wait,Son-*I drag him across the ocean*IC!! 

Sonic: Come on isn't it fun?! *laughs*

Midnight POV

IS HE CRAZY?! Sonic is fucking dragging me across the WATER and he thinks I'm having FUN?!

Midnight: SONIC! What the fuck is going on?!

Sonic: One, Language, and Two, We can run on water!

I yelled when Sonic decided to tease me and run toward the rocks with me in tow

Midnight: Sonic the Hedgehog when we are on land I will kill you myself!

A huge wave came and I got super wet

Midnight: GAH! SONIC!

Sonic: *chuckles* What's wrong Midnight? Can't handle a little bit of water?

Midnight: You know who we're supposed to be finding right?!

Sonic: Yeah but why can't I tease my boyfriend while I'm at it?!

When we got on the ship, Sonic announced our presence.

Sonic: Hey guys!

Batten: Hey Sonic! What's wrong with Midnight?

Midnight: Let's just say a certain blue idiot decided to tease me and send me crashing into 18 waves *shakes water off*

Sonic: *gets some on him* Hey!

Midnight: Revenge will come when you least expect it, idiot.

Sonic: *laughs*

Sails: *confusion* Why are you arguing like an old married couple?

Midnight: He started it. *Walks away from the ordeal and sees Rusty Rose* What the-?

I heard some gun blasting

Rusty: The Chaos Council... they are here for me.

We all fought them... and I was enraged when they deserted Rusty. She deserves better! And she depended on them!

Rusty: They...deserted me.

Midnight: Hey, I'm sorry they left you.

Rusty: Why? Aren't I a prisoner?

Midnight: I went through the same thing, you know.

Rusty: You...did?

Midnight: Yeah.

Rusty: Hm..I like you, Midnight the Hedgehog.

Midnight: *smiles* I like you to Rusty.

Sonic POV

I got immediately jealous when I saw Midnight and Rusty talking to each other. I decided to jump in so Rusty doesn't to steal him away from me.

Sonic: Anyway! Hey Midnight, wanna go talk to Dread?

Midnight: Uh, sure?

Midnight POV

I was worried. What if Sonic thought I liked Rusty more than him? We just started our relationship, I don't want him to be.... This.

Time skip

A whole ordeal happened with me and Sonic running away cause Dread manipulated his crew into thinking we're leaving them behind.

I'm going to skip to season 3 because I'm too lazy to do the entirety of season 2