Chapter 2

Thomas walks away looking down on his broken glasses he feels tears welling up in his eyes but he wipes them away. What am I gonna do he thinks to himself my parents are gonna kill me. He feels someone not-so-gently tap his shoulder and he swiftly turns around to see the girl he fell on, his face turns a ridiculous bright red. "Hey!" she says "Are you gonna apologize for landing on me or what?"
"I.. I am sorry." Thomas blurts out.
"Thanks." she says "So are you new around here?"
"Yeah, I um I moved here recently." He replies timidly.
"So what's your name?" asks the beautiful but slightly intimidating girl.
"Thomas." he replies.
"The name's Claire." she states "Nice to meet you Thomas."
Suddenly Thomas feels himself pushed to the linoleum floor with a smack, pain shoots up his arm but adrenaline causes him to get up and punch the assailant right in the face.
*****************************************
Christopher's face is in a world of pain as the new kid punches him right in the nose, he hears a crack and feels something trickle down his face. He puts his hand to his face and sees red all over his finger tips. He gets up and rears his arm back ready to punch this kid when a crazy girl pushes him causing him to land on hit butt. He gets up pushes the girl to the side and goes for a punch when the voice of a teacher stops him dead. "Christopher Mackey! Stop what you are doing this instant and explain what is going on!" The teacher is seething as she swiftly strides over to the three of them. Chris gulps my parents are going to murder me he thinks to himself. "Christopher I want you to tell me exactly what happened." "He punched me on the nose!" exclaims Christopher gesturing first to the new kid and then to his nose emphasizing the blood which was starting to dry. "Is this true?" the teacher asks the new kid. "Yes but.." He starts but before he could finish the teacher states "Detention! We do not fight at this school young man. What is your name?" "Thomas." the new kid mumbles "Thomas McGuthin." The crazy girl then gets up and says "But Thomas was just acting out of self defense Christopher hit him to the ground and Thomas just went on his instincts." "Is this a true statement?" She asks Christopher. "No," he lies "He hit me first and when I went to punch him it was only out of self defense." "Ms. Decoure I do not accept lying detention for you as well I am very disappointed in you." "Christopher you as well must go to detention as I saw you push Ms. Decoure but first let's get you cleaned up." Chris walks with Mrs. Newman to the nurses office shaking, Detention?!
*****************************************
Johnny sits in the quiet detention room with Mr. Fergison sitting at his desk grading papers. The only noise was the rustling of the papers as they were being graded. Soon the door opens and in walks three students; first a girl with raven black hair covering part of her face, she was seething and John was slightly intimidated by her, the second a medium build boy who was really skinny with long arms and legs, and after him a short and chubby boy with a bandage on his nose he was looking around the room nervously, teachers pet Johnny thought to himself.
"Welcome to detention, sit." says Mr. F. They all sit, the two guys glare at eachother ohh tension thinks Johnny.
A few boring minutes later the teacher gets up and walks out the door suddenly everything goes completely quiet John looks over to the other detention kids and they were looking around confused. They each try to speak but no sound comes out. Johnny soon takes the role of leader he gets up and gestures to the door. They walk out into the hallway the once squeaky door makes no sound which was weird. When they looked out the door they all gasped well they didn't make a sound but Johnny could tell in front of them to the left was Mr. Fergison frozen midwalk they all put their hands over their mouths. They felt a draft from the right and they looked over to the stairs near the room and were all taken aback by an opening underneath the stairs.
*****************************************