Chapter 7

Claire sits alone on a bench in front of the school while Thomas, Chris, and Johnny say "see ya later" she can't go home because she lives further away from the school and her parents would be unable to get her. Soon she feels someone sit on the bench and scoot next to her. It was Johnny, she got a sudden shiver up her spine. "Hey," he says with a voice like caramel "what are you doing sitting here all alone?" "Well I have no where to go, home is too far away and I can't drive." "Oh." he says as he places his hand a little closer to hers. "Well I can drive you home." "You can?" she asks happier. "Yup, come on." She get's into his car, puts on her seat belt and stares out the window. He get's in starts the car and music plays, he reaches over to turn it off but she places her hand on his to stop him his face turns bright red and she says "No, I like this music." he smiles and starts driving.
*****************************************
Thomas walks alone with his hands in the pockets of his baggy jeans, thinking and looking up to the sky. He saw Johnny and Claire the way she looked at him when he went to sit next to her on the bench. Thomas knows he has no chance with her. He hates himself for it but he read her mind she is starting to have small feelings for Johnny. He feels tears well up in his eyes and let's one roll down his face before wiping it away. Don't cry over her Thomas, you can find another girl he thinks to himself as he continues walking looking down he runs smack into another person. This person was a girl with long brown hair, glasses, and a beanie on her head. She was carrying a lot of books. "Hey did you just rob a library?" Thomas asks jokingly as he helps the girl pick up books. "No," she says with a smile, "I am a bit of a bookworm." "I can tell." he says "So what's your name?" "Marie." she says with a bit of a french accent. "My name's Thomas." he says "Thomas, what a nice name." she says her accent coming out more. "I have never heard my name sound so beautiful before." he says and then blushes. "Well I am french if you couldn't tell I moved here three years ago from France." she says with a smile. "Ah how I do miss walking the streets of Paris." They stop walking in front of what Thomas presumed was her house and he gave her the rest of her books. "It was nice bumping into you Marie." says Thomas "You too." says Marie with a smile. She walks into her house and Thomas sighs and continues walking home.
*****************************************