Chapter 1 - Lines

Tao's POV 

So this is how it begins... my life as a part of the Wu family, our signatures on some papers and we're married. Only these few lines bonded us together.It wasn't my decision, it was "for the sake of my family". I repeated it again and again to myself because if I didn't, it would give way to the fact that I was just too much of a coward to go against the will of my family.

A few hours more and I'll be meeting my new family, my new home..... my new husband. "My husband", it feels weird saying that. I've never met him before, there weren't any introductions, no wedding ceremony. All of this.... is just a business transaction.The only thing I know about him is that he's really handsome. Well at least that's what people say about him. Of course I've seen his photograph in tabloids, newspapers and magazines but besides that, he's a complete stranger.As I looked out the window of the SUV that's taking me to the Wu family estate outside the city, I thought about him, wondered about the kind of life we would have together. What does he think about me? Is he a kind person? Will we get along well? ......Will we fall in love? I laughed a little as I thought about these questions because we're already married. Even if the two of us wanted to separate, our parents want this marriage to last so it doesn't matter if whether we're in love or not.... Despite all of this I still wish... 

"Mr. Huang, we have arrived." the chauffeur said. 

We entered through the main gate, taking another 5 minutes to pass the huge stables. The Wu's are thoroughbred (racehorses) horse breeders. Although, breeding thoroughbreds is more like a hobby or a sport for them, they actually deal in a lot of other industries as well.As the chauffeur started taking my luggage out of the car, I walked inside the beautiful house we had eventually pulled up at and a woman in her early fifties approached me. 

"Welcome, Zitao!" she said, smiling with the fakest smile I'd ever seen, "You're as handsome as my brother described." Her smile becoming wider.

"My name is Wu Ming, I'm Kris' aunt. You can just call me Ming. We're so happy that you're finally here! You and my nephew are going to make a great couple!" 

"Thank you, Ming. It's a pleasure meeting you!" I bowed and smiled at her 

"Please follow me, and I'll give you a tour of the estate." She gave me a tour of the entire property, whoever decorated it had really good taste. 

Everything was styled luxuriously with a rustic styled theme. I liked it, even though I've always wanted to stay in my own home with my family. 

"It's late, rest, and tomorrow I'll introduce you to the rest of the family. Kris is returning from the city in two days because he has some business to attend to." Ming said as she stopped outside a door, "And this! Is your room."She opened the door to Kris' bedroom... or rather, our bedroom.

"The maids will take care of your luggage. If you need anything, ask Fang, she's our main housekeeper. Well then, goodnight Zitao!""

Thanks for everything, goodnight!"She smiled at me again, but this time, I saw a hint of worry on her face. Maybe it's just my mind playing tricks on me.I sat on the edge of the big bed that was occupying a space against the wall of the immaculate room before me, and that was when it hit me. My cheeks turned bright red, "This bed.... we're going to sleep in it together from now on.... and we're going to have s...se..." I covered my face with my hands. "I'm not ready for that!" I said out loud, flopping onto the bed and staring at the ceiling."What am I going to do?"

Kris' POV 

"Are you leaving?" she asked me, walking up to her dresser. She turned to face me, completely showing her perfect naked body."I don't want to go, beautiful... but you know I can't stay."