Fighter

A little starter... before the main event... because we deserve one...

We know some things... and we know nothing... but in my head, 'he' has work to do.... don't you think?

This is my chapter, for my people, you know who you are....written lazing by a pool... for no other reason than I felt like it...
Grown-ups have to work at relationships... even with the love of their lives.....

Welcome home, Stellariders...❤️

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

He sensed her before she even wove her way through the crowd because he seemed to be looking for her as she negotiated herself through the throng of people, a tray balanced in one hand. A mass of long dark curls, clear skin the color of golden sand, and the longest legs, took his breath as she came to a stop at the bar and put the empty tray down. If she'd noticed him staring at her, she didn't show it, most likely, because she was well used to the attention.

Her sequin black shorts hugged her ass and her jewel encrusted bralet moulded her small breasts. Big enough to fit in his hands, he thought, not able to deny that his balls were filling up like an empty reservoir already, and she had barely spoken. Or even looked at him.

She had edge. He could tell that by the way she carried herself, the way her eyes watched and assessed everything, and everyone, despite the practised, welcoming smile. Definitely someone who could look after herself.

The girl felt his eyes on her, someone sitting at the end of the bar, on his own, unashamedly stripping the few bits of clothing she was wearing, and she deliberately made eye contact, not pulling back from the way he was peeling away her layers. but then her knowing smile hesitated, her pulse tripping.
Blue eyes, or they were bordering on a grey in the bar's dim light, held hers and instantaneous and unexpected tingles brushed over her skin. She forgot what she had been about to say to the bar tender, her well rehearsed lines, her hand tightening around the tray still in her hand. He had greying dark hair that on anyone else would be ageing. But on him, it was devastatingly sexy. Black shirt, jeans, and a whisky in front of him. But a wedding ring on his left hand. Ah, at least he wasn't hiding it, like some of the men in here, no doubt. He was anywhere from thirty five to forty-five with a smile that pretty much said he knew his way around women..and then some.

Pulling herself out of his eyes with effort, she turned her attention to the bar owner, Tate, while telling her heart to quit racing. Jeez, she couldn't remember the last time her body had gone onto a sensitized alert like this over someone sat at at a bar.....
Like she needed to be nailed. Desperately. It has been a while that these pin pricks had skated over her skin.... because she'd been fighting it for weeks....but tonight it threw her.

She smiled her trademark wide smile at Tate, and he grinned back, impressed by her. And even more so, grateful for her help tonight when two of his girls had called in sick, and luckily, his man had persuaded this firecracker to help. She'd needed little instruction, looked totally hot, and his customers seemed to love her. He wondered if he could persuade her to make this a regular thing, but something told him that she would decline.

Pushing another tray of drinks in her direction, Tate mouthed an apology. It was Saturday night, and The Coast Bar was full of groups, plenty of bachelor and bachelorette parties, and it looked like she was going to be kept busy by the VIP tables.

That definitely was the case for her, as the table of five men and two women in one bachelor party kept her replenishing drinks at regular intervals in between carrying orders for another two tables. They were fun, so her initial reservations about being here tonight diminished . She was going to have herself a fun night and after the way she was feeling these days... why shouldn't she.....
She loved the fact that some of the bachelor parties brought female friends, too. They were more fun and from a selfish note it kept some of the boys from being a little 'handsy,' and while that wouldn't be something she couldn't handle, it reduced the likelihood of unpleasantness.