A&A

"You!"

"Yes, me," the wolf giggled, her ears trained directly at me.

"I... h-how?"

"How? The system saw that I was the most compatible with you, simple. I really missed you, you know?" She closed the distance between us, but I didn't dare to move away.

"I... I..." I didn't know what to say, how to react, if there was an option in the first place, an alternative to just standing there as she came closer and closer, her stature all the more menacing. The top of my head barely reached her collarbone and the cute pair of ears added a little extra height. Her uniform was the same as I remembered; a blend of a Prussian variant and a Soviet one, the main theme was a muted gray, the details highlighted by red, a strong one befitting someone like her.

Once I was within her reach, she stopped her advance, content to simply look. I had to crane my head up to meet her eyes, oh God, and what eyes they were. A gorgeous pair of pearls, a heavy accent of amber dominating the dark pupil. I could watch them forever, picturing crackling flames around a campfire, their warmth as elusive as their danger.

She cracked a smile, her nose sniffing, "They treated you well?"

"H-huh?" The question caught me off guard, breaking me into a stuttering mess. "W-well, I- they were o-okay, a-and we uh- I mean-" I gasped, a sudden softness engulfed my head. A pair of powerful arms hugged me, the bottom of a muzzle rubbing into my scalp. A drawn-out inhale was followed by a satisfied exhale.

"Shhhh~ You're scared... of me, am I right? Please, don't lie to me."

"..."

"Alek?"

"Hmmm..." I let my arms go limp, enjoying the contact more than I wanted to admit. The fur that stuck out from her unbuttoned cleavage was impossibly soft, a fluff no pillow could hope to replicate, not to mention the dual mounds at both sides trapping me in a valley steeper than Waipio.

"Aleeeeek~?"

"Mmyeeessss... I'm... scared..."

"It's okay, I'm not angry, I could never," she rubbed my back in circles, easing the tension in my body. "I have so much I want to do together, but maybe it's better we take things s... at our own pace, yeah?"

I nodded into her chest, her tail sneaking around to press against my calves. How could something feel so... good? So... right? It was amazing. The comfort, the security, the assurance.

I smiled into her, returning the hug, my fingers just about touching tips. How could I be so blind? They promised they'd make things better, they knew what they were doing, it all made perfect sense. There was no reason to doubt them, especially her. But my hand.

I flexed my right palm, it was far weaker than the left, crushing raw cotton would pose a challenge.

"My hand," I blurted out, my eyes wider than when I first saw her.

My first thought was to pull away, to apologize for bringing such terrible times to the surface. However, she reacted before me. Lifting me in the air, she brought me up so my chin rested on her shoulder.

"I know... I'm sorry, I really am, i-it was an accident," she licked my hair, one arm supported my back while the other, embarrassingly, my butt.

Now that I was higher, I could give her a proper hug, my arms wrapping around her neck and upper back. Microscopic hairs stuck out of her shirt, but the main focus was on her neck; such fur didn't have any right to be so beautiful, to smell so inviting. If this was heaven; in the arms of a strong, anthro woman, then suffering a lifetime was worth it.