t w e n t y - s e v e n ♪

you guys, idek how to FEEL right now!! things are getting craaazy. also i took that photo ^^ so cute.

 do i even still have a job?

i can't fight the questioning thought as i stand there stupidly. is kissing your boss something you get fired over? i suppose not since it basically fulfills every boss and assistant cliche to ever exist. oh my gosh i'm officially a cliche.

and there he is just standing there with his disheveled dark hair and slightly pinker lips. just the sight of him makes my heart race again. i need to get ahold of myself.

"please... just tell me if an apology is in order, harris." he finally speaks and this alone brings me a tiny amount of relief.

now the heat is on me i suppose. i can't even string thoughts together let alone sentences out loud. i'm not even exactly sure what just happened let alone how i feel about it.

deep down i know how i feel about it and i'd be lying if i said i didn't want it to happen again but he's my boss! this is the exact opposite of what my parents suggested i do.

"no." i find myself saying, "don't apologize." i still can't catch my breath. i'm so tempted to ask what this means and to find out what's going to happen.

"okay." is all he says, his eyes locked on me almost like he wants to say something but can't. "allow me to walk you to the airbnb...the roads are closed so i unfortunately i can't drive you. it's only a few blocks." he's already rushing out to get his coat before i can even respond.

to be completely honest i forgot about the part where i stay at his condo so i remain there a little gobsmacked, feeling so completely dumb. so dumb that i want to smack my head on the wall.

"why do you do these things to yourself?" i hiss under my breath.

"are you coming, harris?" he's back and with his coat on. he tugs his leather gloves on i silently wonder how he's going to survive the extreme weather without a hat or scarf.

i quickly scramble to gather my coat and hang bag before following him out the door, flicking the light switch off. i'm immediately met with flashbacks of what happened only moments ago and i squeeze my eyes shut, willing it away. i can't let myself start daydreaming when i'm not even sure what all of this means.

we hop on the elevator and no one joins us as we descend to the bottom floor, the elevator music plays overhead and i almost laugh at the absolute absurdness of my current situation. neither of us speak as we exit the elevator but my heels cut through the silence like a knife, clicking against the marble floors.

"goodnight, mr ward." the man at the front desk speaks curtly and i think i hear more than just an ounce of fear in his voice. i've almost forgotten how the rest of the world knows jared to be. and how i now know him to be...very different than what i once perceived.