s e v e n t e e n ♪

four of my best friends are marrying each other this summer so this chapter has a special place in my heart.

 i watch with a proud smile as sam finishes lillian's makeup

"you look...stunning." i tell her as we all stare at her dark brown hair curled into perfect waves with a few pieces pinned up with delicate pearl pins. she wanted a more natural makeup look because of her small brown eyes and it definitely suits her. her skin looks flawless with a very soft copper/rose gold look on the eyes making the brown pop.

i barely hear the clicks of stacy's camera. i've gotten used to it over the last few hours of laughing and reminiscing as we got ready. it only took me about an hour to do my makeup and hair so i've just been waiting in my robe, watching lillian get pampered.

ever since she saw dakota, she's been on cloud nine. she's positively glowing with hope and happiness. she smiles at all of us before looking in the mirror, eyes widening.

"wow." she states, "i love it, thank you so much." she grins, turning to sam and giving her a hug.

"of course." sam responds, "now it's time for you to film some stuff with stacy while i get ready."

"alright." she replies, turning to stacy, "let's do this."

once they're gone, i pull my dress from the closet and unzip the bag, laying it on the bed. the dark copper color looks absolutely stunning next to lillian's. it's a long sleeved silk gown that runs down long enough to touch the floor even when i'm wearing heels. my shoulders will be bare, the sleeves only coming up to the bottom of my shoulders and the neckline plunging ever so slightly.

"it's gorgeous." sam comments as i stare at it.

"i didn't know how i felt about it when i picked it up but...it's perfect." i reply, "yours is amazing too. and i heard you got it tailored too."

"i did." she laughs, "nothing ever seems to fit me right. winter insisted that i do it because he got his suit tailored and didn't want to feel bad for spending the money."

i chuckle, "you guys are hilarious."

"i mean i guess so but compared to lillian and dakota, no one comes close." she mumbles, blending her foundation.

"hey, i mean, i heard you and winter have a pretty crazy love story yourselves." i tell her, pulling out my heels and setting them next to my dress.

she shrugs, "it's actually pretty similar. we got snowed in and they got trapped in an elevator. kind of the same concept which is crazy. but i always say that since dakota is my twin, he was copying me."