Settling in and... who's this guy?

The Sun has finally set itself high on the sky which had permitted Gine to assess her surreal situation with a clear mind. She was now on Earth, her baby son was peacefully sleeping on her lap and snoring, her husband was dead alongside their native planet and all its inhabitants and her elder children were either missing, dead or in Frieza’s clutches… In any case everything is absolutely n̶o̶t̶ fine.

Gine yawned (she did not sleep that much, I mean how could she?) and gently put her son on Gohan’s bed before she stretched herself and decided to get out of the house and clearly see what Earth looked like.

Gine opened the front door and she honestly couldn't lie to herself, this is absolutely gorgeous, nothing like the rocks of planet Vegeta. However she couldn't help but let a few tears escape her eyes at the thought of her lost home and everyone in it…

Pushing the painful thought away, she suddenly saw movement in the corner of her eyes which prompted her to look.

Gohan was standing on a ladder with a hammer in his hand, renovating his house like he said, damn he didn’t waste time.

Gohan looked at her and was startled a little, fortunately he was far from being clumsy so he recovered fast. “Oh Miss Gine! A pleasure to see you! Are you a little better? Did you manage to get some rest?”

“. . .A bit.” Gine said in response to both.

“Erm, that is quite unfortunate, at least maybe this fact will cheer you up a little : I just started renovating and in no less than a week you should have your brand new space!”

This news did get a little smile on Gine's face. “Thank you again Mr Gohan for your hospitality-”

She was about to finish her sentence when a cry of pain was heard from Gohan’s house… That wasn't Kakarot's voice…

Gine rapidly came back inside the house to protect her son, however she was baffled from the sight she was seeing.

Some weird alien guy with pupil-less yellow eyes and some weird galactic armor she has never seen was trying to shake Kakarot off his finger that this little gremlin was biting. Unfortunately for the guy, he couldn't get Kakarot off him as the little guy did have a good grip and the alien didn't seem to want to hurt him. So he had to silently endure it and wait for him to let go.

That wasn't until the alien guy saw her and he pointed at her, pissed off. “YOU! Get your kid off my finger! He's gonna bite it off if he continues!”.

After Gine took her son away from the alien, she petted Kakarot's hair and frowned at the alien, who was shaking his hand to try and remove the pain. “Who even are you?”

The alien heard her and while he seemed annoyed by something, he did a posture anyway and presented himself. “I am Jaco from the Galactic Patrol! I was sent on this planet for a mission to spy on both of you and make sure you both aren't a threat. This of course didn't go as intended.” Jaco glared at Kakarot, who glared back and blew a raspberry at him. This kid!

“I can assure you these two people are both friends.” The voice of Gohan suddenly made itself known. “Gine here told me some part of her backstory which, while I admit she could've have lied I didn't felt any bad intent from her at any time so I took it on my part to totally trust her when she say she is here to seek shelter on our planet while she lost almost everything.”

Jaco looked back and forth between them and sighed. “Fine, I will let this one pass. However, the Galactic Patrol will know about this and if in the next few years we learn that one of you two destroyed Earth, you will be found, are we clear?”

Gine nodded without hesitation. “Of course, as I said to Gohan I haven't the slightest intention in hurting anyone on purpose, I only want to live in peace and raise my son.”

While Gine smiled at the end of her speech and kissed Kakarot’s forehead, Jaco silently shook his hand and jumped out of the window, disappearing out in the woods.

One hour later Gine had taken a well deserved rest and she fell asleep on Gohan’s bed, meanwhile Gohan was about to take advantage of this moment to go out and go search for some mushrooms in case these two have some intergalactic disease or something.

Gohan took his shoes, his little jacket and his basket which contained Kakarot.

He was now fully equipped to-

“Wait… Kakarot?! What are you doing in there little one? You want to come with me?” Gohan asked, scratching the back of his head, baby Kakarot of course gladly shook his head up and down and bounced in the basket. “Ok ok, but keep calm ok? We wouldn't want some accident to happen if you're this eager won't we?” He warned the baby to try and calm him down, which of course he didn't listen to, which made Gohan sighed… Ah kids…

𝙻𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚘𝚘𝚍𝚜.

“So, we have almost everything that we need… Ah! We just need this one which is right over there.” Gohan calmly walked towards a cliff where the mushrooms which he needed generally were. “Alright kiddo, be careful to stay in the basket ok? This is a high place and Gine will kill me if you fall.” Gohan said to the restless Kakarot who was playing with the different fruits in the basket on Gohan's back, normally this wouldn't have bothered Gohan but here they were on the side of a cliff and Kakarot’s restless movements were making his steadiness difficult. “Kakarot please, your gonna make us-”

As soon as he said that, he was cut off as he didn't see a rogue root on the ground which made him tripp, catapulting Kakarot in the air. “OH NO KAMI-”

Then, as if the gods had heard him, a blur sped past him and grasped Kakarot in midair before he could fall on the abyss bellow.

The figure rejoined Gohan with Kakarot in his grasp which Gohan surprisingly recognised as the Jaco guy from earlier. He still had his annoyed look from before but he now had a bandaid on his finger. “Look where you're going next time ok? Btw this was a one time thing, you're lucky I didn't leave yet.” Jaco said as he passed Kakarot back to Gohan, while the baby blankly looked at the alien guy, confused that Jaco saved him from probably death, or a head injury.

However as soon as Gohan was about to thank Jaco for his sudden help, Jaco blasted away as fast as he came.

What a weird little fellow was Gohan's thought about Jaco, nonetheless, he liked him.