Chapter 1

Rolling out of bed, Lyla looks around her room. Realizing it's still the middle of the night. She rubs at her eyes, and begins leaving her room, deciding to walk to the kitchen for a drink of water.

Once she reaches the kitchen, she gets a glass of water and takes a small drink. That's when she hears hushed male voices coming from her father's study. She was told never to enter his study. No matter what.

Her curiosity gets the better of her, and she starts to walk closer to her father's study, being careful of the wooden floorboards that creak.

I hear my father speaking to someone. "I've been careful, Lord Muzan. I swear. I've made sure no one finds out." My father says nervously. You can hear the fear clearly in his voice. Who is he afraid of? Who is in there with him right now?

I hear a quiet tapping like a finger tapping a desk maybe. That's when I hear a deep and soothing yet stern voice speak. "You know what I do to liars, don't you, Marcus." He's not asking a question. He's stating the obvious. That man is threatening my father. Why?

I step closer, hiding against the wall to continue listening. My father sounds scared. "I know, I'm sorry. Please. Don't hurt my family." My father, Marcus pleads to the unknown man.

I hear movement. "Marcus. Listen very carefully...if you disobey me...I will take your only daughter. I will make her mine."

I let out a small gasp at his words. I quickly turn and try to run away, back to the safety of my room, but my body suddenly slamming into someone's chest takes me by surprise. Strong hands grab my upper arms, holding me in place. Almost too afraid to look up. But I finally do because of my curiosity again.

My eyes meet rainbow colored eyes. 'Upper Rank 2'. "Pretty eyes." I whisper very quietly under my breath and the man smirks as if he heard me. There's no way he heard me. The man before me has long light colored hair. He leans down, his breath on my ear as he whispers. "You should be in bed, sweetie. Hurry and I won't tell anyone you were easedropping." Leaning back, he releases me. He lets out a threatening chuckle. I nod.

I don't think twice as I turn around and sneak back to my room as fast as possible, closing my bedroom door and setting the cup down. My hands shaking as I get in bed. Questions in my mind about what she had heard. 'What is my father doing? Are we in danger? Should I tell mother? Should I tell Giyu. Am I in danger?'

I lie down under my blanket, pretending to be asleep when I faintly hear my bedroom door slowly open. I bite my lip, listening for any sounds to give away who it might be. Footsteps get closer. The deep voice speaks up. "I know your awake, young Lyla." My eyes widen.

I throw the cover off of myself, looking around to realize I'm completely alone. My heart is racing as I continue looking around my room. Clearly still alone. Too afraid to go back to sleep, I cuddle myself under my blanket to stop myself from trembling. Sleep finally overcomes me at some point.

The next morning, my mother comes in to wake me up. "Good morning, Lyla. Time for breakfast."

I wake up, looking around my normal looking bedroom. "Mother? What does father do for work?" I ask curiously.

Mother opens my sliding door, leading to the courtyard. "He is a business man. If you want to know more, you should ask him. He's been locked in his study all morning. I'll make a plate and you can take it to him."

My eyes widen as I look up at her. "He told me never to go in there. What if he gets mad?"

"Then blame it on me. I have to go to town." She walks out of my room so that I can get dressed. I look over, seeing a small piece of paper and something sitting on top of it. I reach over and pick up a small gift box and a note. I opened the note first and read it.

'This is for you. I hope you're wearing it when we finally get to meet officially, Kitten. ~M

What does the 'M' stand for? I open the gift box and it's a bracelet. It's a thin red roped bracelet that can be adjusted. It has a silver infinity symbol on it. I don't see the harm in wearing it. I slip it onto my right wrist and smile. I get out of bed and get dressed in something purple with pink and white flowers on it. I go into the kitchen and pick up the carrier with father's breakfast on it. I walk to his study and knock awkwardly.

I don't hear movement. "Father? I'm coming in." I open the door and look around. I step inside and set his carrier onto his desk. The door shuts behind me and I jump, startled, quickly turning around. It's the blond man from last night.

He looks at me, smiling. "Sweetie."

He walks towards me, I step back, my back hitting his desk. I gasp. I'm trapped.

Authors Note

What will happen next?

Let me know what you think so far.

I will have the next chapter out in a day or so.

This is the bracelet she receives next chapter.