Chapter 5

Looking around at my options. I chose a silver wedding band. It has an intertwining leaf design. Muzan takes it and looks down at it. Then he looks down at me. He grabs my left hand softly.

"Only you are allowed to see me in a vulnerable position and no one else." He looks at me seriously as he slowly kneels down on one knee. My eyes widen.

"Lyla. I know this is very sudden. We haven't known each other long at all. But, with time, I hope to change that. Will you marry me, Lyla?" He smiles up at me. I nod, smiling happily. "Yes, Muzan. Yes I will."

I giggle and he slides the ring onto my ring finger. Unable to hold myself back, I wrap my arms around his neck and hug him. He slowly wraps his arms around my waist. We just hug each other. I whisper into his ear. "I'm happy."
I say, smiling. I lean back and he stands back up.

"What is it you wanted to show me?" I ask, waiting curiously for an answer as I look up at him. He smiles, taking my hand in his.

"I need you to hold my hand and not move around. Can you do that for me, Lyla?" He says, making me slightly nervous.

"Yeah. But why are you suddenly being ominous?" That's when he chuckles, taking my hand in his and stands beside me.

"We will be teleported in a sense. Are you ready?" He asks me and I smile. "I'm ready."

We're suddenly standing on a platform. I look around. There are bridges and rooms on the walls and ceiling. "Where are we, Muzan?" I step forward and look down. It's deep and looks like it doesn't end in either direction.

"We're in an infinity castle. It's endless and we are safe here from the sunlight and demon slayers. Nakime, please summon all Kizuki members." The woman with long dark hair covering her face holding a biwa nods and strums it a few times. Suddenly there are demons standing in various spots throughout this place. Above us, below us and on the walls. I rub my eyes, thinking this couldn't be real. But it is.

Muzan holds my hand and the Kizuki members are all suddenly standing before us in a group. I take a nervous step backwards.

"M-Muzan. What's going on?" I ask as I hide myself slightly behind him, feeling shy. I see Doma. But the others I don't recognize. They are all marked Upper Rank's one through six and same with the lower ranks.

Muzan looks at the demons in front of us, then he suddenly pulls me so I'm standing next to him. "The reason I summoned you all here for a meeting is because this woman here will be my wife very soon." He says, leaving no room for any arguments. Doma smiles. They begin whispering amongst each other and I try to catch part of there conversations. 'has Lord Muzan lost his mind? Has he been bewitched? Lowly human woman! Human scum. What's so great about her? I love Lord Muzan.'

I cover my ears. There words getting to me. They don't know me. I don't know them.

"Quiet!" Muzan suddenly yells, his face gains veins from his anger. I feel a sudden wave of power emanating from him. I look at the demons and they are all suddenly kneeling.

"I will marry Lyla. I do not need permission from the likes of you. If you don't like it, I will kill you here and now where you kneel. Do not test me. If I hear that any of you have put her in any danger or said anything disrespectful, I will end you. Is that understood?" His voice deep and authoritive. They all shut up and nod. "In my absence, you are to protect her and treat her with respect."

Mine and Doma's eyes meet for a split second before he looks away. Is he worried I'd say something about what he did in my father's office?

"Muzan. I-I think...they understand." I say with just a hint of fear in my voice. I know he would never hurt me. He only wishes to protect me. He looks down and I watch the veins disappear.
His eyes widen slightly as he observes me. My body trembles subtly. But I think he noticed.

"I've frightened you. Sorry for that. Nakime. Send back all lower ranking Kizuki." I watch as she nods and strums her biwa. I look up to see the Upper Ranks one through six still here.

"All of you can do as you please, except, Kokushibo, Akaza and Doma." I watch as the other three vanish after the biwa is strummed.
Nakime must be able to control this area.

"You three are to entertain Lyla while I take care of some business outside." He says, his voice more gentle and calm.

"Entertain me how?" I tilt my head in confusion.

"How about tag? Nakime hasn't had anyone to play with for awhile. They will try to capture you. Nakime will transport you through the infinity castle. There is a bedroom through that door for you to rest. It's my personal bedroom and study while I'm here. No one would dare to enter without me here. I'll be back soon. Go change into the short kimono. That way you can run." He leans towards me and kisses my cheek. Patting my head, I watch as he suddenly vanishes. I blush as I look up at the upper three demons.

"I'll be right back." I say quickly and turn and fast walk into the bedroom. On the bed is a new kimono. It's pink and white with cherry blossoms. When did he have the time to find it? I quickly change into the kimono and socks. I tie my hair up so it's off my shoulders. I look so cute. I walk back out to the three demons waiting for me. They stop talking and look at me. Their eyes widen.

"H-Hello, my name is Lyla." I look up at them and smile warmly. I feel shy being alone with them. All three of them look down at me and nod. I feel very intimidated. There is a dark and gloomy aura. Upper Rank 1 has long dark hair tied back and has six eyes. He steps towards me and pats my head. I giggle.

"My name is Kokushibo. Pink hair is Akaza. Doma is...Doma." He says as he rolls his eyes.

"Yeah, Doma and I have already met." I hide behind Kokushibo. He's stronger than the other two. "Don't even think of touching me again, Doma. I haven't forgiven you for last time." I say, while trying to hide a blush. He puts his hands up in mock surrender.

"I'd be stupid to touch Lord Muzan's woman again. I don't have a death wish. I was just teasing you last time." Akaza looks between us and his eyes widen.

Akaza takes a threatening step towards Doma. "Doma. You touched Lyla inappropriately!"

He said it as a statement. Not a question. How did he know? Is it a demon power? Thought sharing of some sort? I wouldn't be surprised.

Doma just chuckles. "What if I did?" He taunts.

~Author's Note

I'm going to try updating every few days. I don't know how long it's going to be.

I will make sure it has some sort of ending.