Chapter 1

Heatwave and Quickshadow Flamezer were very happy. They were expecting their first baby. They were living in Houston Texas. They were living a very happy life. Now with their first baby on the way things were even happier. They were so happy about their first baby because they had been trying to have a baby, after three miscarriages they were having a successful pregnancy so far. They hoped this was going to be the one where they could finally hold a child at the end.

Heatwave works as a firefighter. He was born and raise in Maine. He moved to Texas when he finished his firefighter training and got a job at a firehouse there. That where he met Quickshadow who just move to Texas from London England and he fell in love with her. He even has a sister and brother in law who live in North Carolina. He is a very strong and brave. He has saved many lives in several emergencies. He not only has firefighting training under his belt he also has some EMT training too. So he is able to help in many kinds of emergency. He is very loving and loyal. He loves his wife very much and already loves his child very much.

Quickshadow works as a pediatric cardiologist at Texas Children's hospital. She was born and raised in London England. Her parents live there too. She moved to the states a few years back it is where she met Heatwave and fell in love with him. She has a loving, kind and generous twin brother who is very rich and lives in Beverly Hills. She is very kind and caring. she takes very good care of her patients. She gives them and their hearts the best care. She loves her job very much. She is very loving and devoted. She loves her husband with all her heart and she also loves her child the same way.

They were doing their best to make sure this pregnancy doesn't end in heartbreak again. They were concerned about a few things. But they hoped things would be okay. They had their own fair share of concerns. But a few of their coworkers told them they were worrying over nothing. But a couple of the older coworkers understood their concerns. 

They were heading to an ultrasound scan. They were looking forward to seeing their healthy little baby and see how it was doing. There they were waiting with other parents who were there for an ultrasound scan. They were very excited. "I know at our last scan we found out it was a boy, I can't wait to see how well he is doing," Quickshadow said.

"I have a feeling he is going to be doing just fine," Heatwave said.

"I think so too," Quickshadow said.

Now it was their turn. Quickshadow was laying on the bed and the doctor and tech started the scan. There was the swooshing sound of the heartbeat. That made Heatwave and Quickshadow very happy to hear that.

The doctor and tech were busy looking at the screen. They were very concerned about something. "I see something," the doctor said.

"What is wrong?" Quickshadow asked.  She could see the look of concern on the doctor's face. It made her worry something was really wrong with her baby. What if the baby was dying? She was really scared and worried.

"Something is going on with the baby's heart, something doesn't seem right," the doctor said. "I am going to send you to Texas Children's to see their cardiology team so they can take a look at your baby's heart," he said.

So they went right to Texas children's. Quickshadow got another ultrasound there. The fetal cardiologist took a look at the screen. "Your baby has a series of heart defects and it is making the heart having serious problems so it is considered to be a very complex heart defects at the moment," the fetal cardiologist said. "Your son will have to be brought here after he is born, I will have everything arranged and we will start his plan of care such as surgery and number surgeries and procedures he will need." he said. "It is going to be a long process," he said. "But I assure you we will make sure your son is going to have a happy childhood," he said.