Chapter 4

Hot shot was waiting for a new heart. He was in the hospital for a while waiting for it. He was often hooked up to an IV for medicine to help his heart and hold him off until transplant. Now he was getting another medicine through IV to help for a special clinic trial that could help transplant patients in the future. Hot shot hoped it was going to help him. Hot shot was also going to get a wish from the make a wish foundation. Hot shot wanted something very special. "I want a Nintendo character themed playground in my neighborhood for me, my friends and everyone in the neighborhood can enjoy, having characters like Mario, Zelda, Sonic, Kirby, Animal Crossing and Pokemon. So it will be something everyone can enjoy," Hot shot said.

"We will try to make that happen," the wish lady said. "Some architects will meet with you as soon as possible to design it." she said.

Hot shot was looking forward to it too.

Hot shot never had to stay in the hospital of an indefinite amount of time before. He normally stayed there one to two weeks after he had surgery or heart problems. But this was different.

"It is so boring," Hot shot said.

"I know it is," Quickshadow said.

Then Heatwave came into the room. "Hello son I came in for my shift with you," Heatwave said.

"Hi daddy," Hot shot said.

"I got some things for you from Blades, Boulder and Chase," Heatwave said.

"Thanks," Hot shot said.

"They really care for you son," Heatwave said.

"I know," Hot shot said.

Hot shot found things to do while in the hospital when not getting tests and stuff done. He was able to watch movies, TV shows, have snacks, play with his toys, play on his tablet, draw pictures, and go to the gift shop.

Soon Hot shot was feeling worse. "I feel terrible," Hot shot said. He felt and looked really weak.

"We need to put Hot shot on VAD," Dr. Dreyer said.

"We better move forward with it," Dr. Liko said.

The cardiothoracic surgeon placed the berlin heart into Hot shot. Hot shot was brought back to the CICU. Hot shot was waking up from it. He saw what he was connected too. "What is this?" Hot shot asked not quite remembering.

"This is a Berlin Heart, the doctor was going to hook you up to one of these to help your heart," Quickshadow told him. "You should soon start to feel like you have more energy soon." she said.

"Okay," Hot shot said.

Hot shot was starting to feel stronger with the berlin heart as days went by. Hot shot was now able to move around his hospital room with it. With the help of an adult Hot shot was even able to leave his hospital room from time to time. Hot shot was happy to have this device.

"How long have I been in the hospital?" Hot shot asked his father.

"You have been in here for almost 2 and 1/2 months." Heatwave told him. "You have been in here since November 26th." he said. "It is now February," he said. "So you have been in here for quite awhile," he said.

"I want to go home," Hot shot said.

"I know you do, but you need to wait until your new heart comes and you recover from it being put in a little bit," Heatwave told him. "Then we have to stay for a while in a hotel for the first three months post transplant so the doctors can keep a close eye on you," he said. "Not to mention you have to come on a daily outpatient basis for that IV medicine as part of your clinical trial," he said.