Chapter 12

It had been a restless night sleep .

I dreamt of eery grey castles that were as tall as the clouds and piercing black eyes that startled me awake To a cold sweat ..

That morning after breakfast I sent Arya to Jon's room to fetch my bow while I changed into something more comfortable for my planned afternoon .

I sent Ayra because I was a coward , I didn't want to face Jon after yesterday so I opted to avoid him if possible .
I got into my blue dress with the deep slit that stopped at my belly button and my brown matching trousers under Neath .
It was my attire of choice when I went riding with Rogan through the forest of Privia and it seemed the most modest when it came to engaging in anything
Involving weapons or horses .

I met Arya at the back steps of the west end stair well and she gave me my bow.
She eyed up my attire and I knew she approved , Ayra was not at all lady like and wore trousers as opposed to dresses whenever she could .
"Will my brother Jon still teach you ?" She asked with hope in her voice which surprised me but i shook my head at her .
"Not any more . Jon thought me all I Need to know so I will practice myself but not a word to Robb . I fear I am not good and I wouldn't want to embarrass myself" I replied honestly .
"Robb wouldn't think that of you my Lady . He would say it was a great strait in any woman " she giggled with admiration and I smiled half heartily at her .
"Run along and later I will show you the forests I promise " I smiled and i kissed the top of her head .
Arya did have a point , I did want Jon to teach me . I couldn't avoid him forever ,
If we are too live in Winterfell together I don't want to start married life with any awkwardness around us .
I want him to be my friend and I to him .
I trust Jon with our secret but now we need to move on for the good of Winterfell and my marriage ..

I went in search for him by the stable yard where he had been spending most of his time the last day or so .
It was time to face him but I was nervous .
When I reached the yard I saw ghost sitting by one of the stable doors and i knew Jon wasn't too far away .
Jorhah our yard hand was stood by the wooden bench and bowed with curtsy as I approached him .
"My lady " he smiled and his eyes flickered to my new bow that was hanging loosely by my side .
"Jorhah can you set up one of the knights archery boards for me in the yard by the back of the stables" I asked with authority without giving him to much of an opportunity to question such a random demand .
"Yes of course my Lady " he nodded and he got up immediately but he was fighting the coy smile that threatened his lips .
Johrah was used to my demands but not as random as this one and I knew Rogan would hear about it later .
I looked up casually and saw Jon Snow standing by the empty barrels near the stable door with an amused smirk on his face , there is was that pang in my lower belly .
But his smile faded quickly and he turned away immediately .
It hurt like a stab to the stomach and I knew I needed to sort things out with him .
"Jon ?" I called out and I walked hastily towards his direction .
"Lady Naelahra" he nodded with recognition and I frowned for a moment .
"Would you like to give me that lesson now ? " I asked , standing a little taller, my voice laced with authority . His eyes went wide at my request and he stood back . I leaned from one foot to the other impatiently as I waited for his reply .
"My lady , my brother Robb is a far better marks man than I . Perhaps he should teach you " he replied with hard curtsy and i was stunned by his apparent rejection .
"But I asked you Snow " I replied in deadpan and he gaped at me .
"Is that an order from a lady ?" He scoffed in disbelief .
"It is .. if you continue to treat me like one " I pointed out and raised my brow at him in annoyance .
"Lady Naelahra ... you are Lady !Don't you see what's wrong here ?" He snapped but his eyes where soft .
"Why do you do that ? Treat me differantly now that ... " My voice faded out , I couldn't say it .
He took a close step towards me and regarded his surroundings carefully. His eyes were now on fire and his body was so tense he looked stiff . I stared right back at him , I wasn't going to back down from this .
"You are going marry my brother ! I kissed you lastnight that's unforgivable and punishable by law . That should of never of happened and you know it " he whisper shouted at me and I flenched at his ruthless reply .
"I wanted you too , I don't care that it did . It doesn't matter now " I snapped at him in disbelief .
He took a deep breath and sighed .
"I wanted it too and It was my fault , it was wrong and I'm sorry my Lady " he whispered and lowered his head shamefully .
"Jon please ? Don't be like this ".
He looked up immediately and set his eyes on mine hard .
"Naelahra Don't stand here and expect me to be anything other than whats Expected of me . You are nothing more but my warden to the north . The northerns will be answering to you soon enough so please just don't do this just leave me be" he pleaded and again I flenched at his harsh words .
"Do you think I want to marry your brother ? Do you think I want to stand here trying to reason with you ? I want us to put what happened behind us and move on if I am to be A Stark . Do you have to be so cold with me " I spat at him .
He squeezed his eyes shut as if in some sort of pain shot through him and he sighed heavily . I knew I had an affect on him and I was hopeful .
"Can't be we just be friends Jon ?" I pleaded
"Friends ? " He replied in a sullen tone.
"Because when I'm with you I don't have to pretend I'm brave or act like 'Lady Purnell ' all the time or bow my head every god damn time that you greet me . I want to be Naelahra .. Just a girl who knows a boy " I sighed in frustration .
He chuckled under his breath .
"You want to be my friend ? " He smirked .
"I want you to teach me how to use my bow and I want you to call me Naelahra" I replied with a wolfish grin .
He sighed a breath of relief and titled his head at me , he couldn't help but smirk and he scoffed at himself .