ten ➣ mackenzie

** school's out so ill prob be updating more often but dont expect so much bc i already kno this chapter is gonna be a mess but hey whats new **

March 2, 2014 / 3:45PM

I've been walking down the same block everyday after school for the past 2 days. The first day was by accident and the next thing you know, I've been dropping by not so accidental. It's only been 3 days (including today) and not only have I memorized my entire route from here and back to the bus station, but I recognized the color and number of the building.

Sometimes I question, why do I even bother coming? I have way better things to do. I could go to Louis's house. I could go home and start building up my music interest. I could even drop by the school's library after school to read.

But I didn't.

Instead, I travel all the way to the city to see a teenage boy I barely know.

I mean, I don't even know his name nor does he know mine. I just don't quite know why I keep coming and he sure seems to not mind at all.

Does he even care?

Like if I were to put myself in his shoes, and to have a teenage girl I don't even know drop by my apartment window every afternoon would seem a bit...strange.

I was even surprised when he let me inside his apartment. Like he doesn't even know me and he showed me every single aspect of his room. He's weird.

As I continued walking down the block, I felt a vibration pulsate behind my back pocket. It was my phone.

I checked to see who was calling and I saw the name I hoped would never appear on my phone again. But it did, and I was annoyed.

It was Niall.

Without a hesitation, I immediately tapped on 'Decline' and shoved my phone back to where it was.

Prick.

He finally came back to school today and not only was his presence itself already a disappointment, but also was his newly proud and cocky posture thinking he would walk into school as if nothing happened and he did nothing wrong.

I only have 3 classes with him including lunch, and I made it clear that I was avoiding him at all costs. Apparently, I didn't make it clear enough for him that he would NOT stop trying to talk to me.

After avoiding him during lunch, he pulled me into a corner by the vending machine while I was on my way to class.

I recall from the conversation:

"Can you leave me alone?" I said angrily, "I'm trying to get to class and you're being annoying."

"Just listen."

"I don't want to."

"I'm sorry that my friends were such dicks to you yesterday," He apologized, "I bet they didn't mean t--"

"Are you kidding me?" I bickered, "You know when your friends are being dicks but not when you are?"

"I---"

"Save it." I said as I let go of his hand and walked away.

"Mackenzie!" He screamed.

I kept walking.

"Mackenzie!"

I kept walking.

"You can't just leave."

I kept walking.

"I love you."

I stopped. I didn't turn around nor did I even look his way. I slowly clenched my fists.