Chapter 13 Tyler Leaves

Three days later, Tyler leaves early in the morning before Scott or Ruby are awake. He didn't tell them that he was leaving, figuring that doing that would be simpler than coming up with a lie or telling them the truth. That wouldn't go over well.

Scott wakes up first and doesn't notice anything. He normally keeps his door closed and the silence of the house is also pretty typical. He's no longer in a hurry to get out of bed. Getting out of bed means going upstairs which means dealing with his brother.

He watches the clock slowly get closer to the time that Tyler would come make them get up. Not wanting to start the day off with both of them in a bad mood, he gets up.

Scott heads to the door and is surprised when it doesn't open for him. "What the hell?" he mutters. He tries again even though he knows there's no way he did it wrong, but it still doesn't open.

He turns around and double-checks the time, but it's what he thought. He raises his hand to bang on the door but puts it down when he realizes that he hasn't heard anything all morning. Even with the door closed he can usually hear something in the house.

Sitting down on his bed he knows that if the door is locked, Tyler won't be mad he's not upstairs, but he doesn't think that Tyler is in the house. It's going to be a long day if he can't leave his room.

~#~

Ruby wakes up and snuggles into her blankets. She has no interest in getting out of bed anytime soon if she can help it. She opens her eyes to check the time, she groans when she sees that she overslept. Surprised that Tyler hasn't come down to make her get up, she gets up.

Sleeping in this late isn't something she normally does. "This is going to get me a punishment." She mumbles to herself.

Reaching for the door she tries to open it but fails. "What the fuck?"

Did he lock her in when he saw that she was still asleep? She pulls on the door again. "No, no, no," she mutters. Did he lock her in to punish her?

She sits next to the door, doing her best to remain calm. She does her best not to get in trouble, and she's never slept this late before. Something has always woken her up.

She shakes her head and takes a deep breath. If she was going to be in trouble she was going to wait in bed. Crawling into bed she sighs and gets comfortable. This is going to suck.

~#~

Andrew walks down the stairs, holding a small remote in his hand, Ruby doesn't worry him, Scott on the other hand, might try to challenge him.

He's tired and knows that he's not going to deal with Scott's shit today. He unlocks Scott's door and opens it. "Andrew?"

"I'm not Tyler, am I?"

"What are you doing here? Where's Tyler?"

"Tyler's going to be gone for a few days and I agreed to come over and feed you." He says as Scott gets up. Andrew can see the look in his eye, he wants to try. "Don't. Don't risk it. It won't end well for you."

"How?"

Andrew reaches into his pocket and presses the button on the small remote. Scott nearly falls to the ground as a shock is delivered. "That's the lowest setting."

"Where's Tyler?" Scott asks again. "I'm going to start supper. Get Ruby." Andrew says ignoring him. He leaves.

Scott curses at him under his breath but goes over to Ruby's room and unlocks the door. "Ruby?" he says but doesn't get an answer.