The Italian breeze

The Burrow stood bathed in the warm glow of the setting sun, surrounded by fields of golden wheat that stretched as far as the eye could see. The air was filled with the soothing sounds of chirping crickets and the distant murmur of a stream. As the day drew to a close, a sense of tranquillity settled over the Weasley residence, nestled in the heart of the English countryside.

Caroline Potter, having bid farewell to the stone walls and magical corridors of Hogwarts, found herself in the welcoming embrace of the Weasley family. The Burrow, with its charmingly crooked structure and mismatched additions, exuded a sense of homely chaos that immediately made her feel at ease. Harry, having spent countless summers here, was already engrossed in a lively conversation with Ron and Hermione as they lounged in the garden.

Caroline felt different at the Weasleys home. Somehow during the day she couldn't otherwise, but wonder if her's and Harry's home would look like this, if her parents haven't been killed. The thought was following her everywhere around, mostly when the whole family ate at the table. Everyone was so happy and laughing. The twins were joking around, Percy always talking about his school life, Ron rolling his eyes at Percy, Ginny was laughing at almost everything that harry said and Molly was telling Caroline to try every single dish she had made. This home was something else. Something Caroline will never experience. Something that Caroline could never call her's. Caroline knew that she could never have a home like this, where everyone wasn't pretending.

"Mum's preparing a feast for us," Ron informed Caroline, gesturing toward the bustling kitchen where Mrs. Weasley could be heard orchestrating culinary magic. "You're in for a treat, Caroline. Mum's cooking is second to none."

Caroline smiled appreciatively, "I'm looking forward to it, Ron. Hogwarts feasts aren't as incredible as homemade food."

As the evening progressed, the Weasley twins, Fred and George, emerged from their room with mischievous grins. "Caroline!" George called out, "Fancy a game of Gobstones later?"

Caroline chuckled, remembering the last time she played Gobstones with the twins. It had resulted in a series of colourful explosions that left them all covered in a rainbow of magical goo. "Count me in, but let's try to keep the explosions to a minimum this time."

With laughter and camaraderie filling the air, the group gathered around the garden table for dinner. Mrs. Weasley had outdone herself, presenting a feast that seemed to defy the boundaries of the modest kitchen. Roast chicken, mashed potatoes, and an assortment of delectable sides adorned the table, tempting everyone's taste buds.

As the night deepened, the group moved to the living room, where the crackling fire cast a warm glow across the cozy space. Mrs. Weasley, having enchanted the dishes to clean themselves, joined the gathering, a tired but content smile on her face.

Over the next few days, the routine at the Burrow settled into a delightful rhythm. Mornings were spent exploring the nearby woods, where the enchanting presence of magical creatures added a touch of wonder to their adventures. The afternoons brought friendly Quidditch matches in the Weasleys' makeshift pitch, with Ron and Harry leading opposing teams.

One sunny morning, Caroline found herself sitting by the Burrow's garden pond, a book in hand, enjoying the tranquillity. The soft rustle of leaves and the distant chirping of birds created a serene backdrop for her reading. Lost in the pages of her book, she was unaware of someone approaching until a familiar voice spoke.

"Whatcha reading?" Fred asked, plopping down next to her.

Caroline looked up, smiling, "Just a Muggle novel Hermione recommended. It's quite captivating."

Ron leaned over to read the title, "Ice breaker, eh? Sounds fancy."

"It's a classic," Caroline said with a playful grin. "You should give it a try."