7: Rejection Sensitivity

"Midoriya! You could have gotten seriously hurt," Uraraka scolded Midoriya as he walked out of the infirmary, pretty exhausted with how the day went. Izuku rolled his eyes and ignored her, brooding. He tried to ignore it as all his classmates but Shinsou seemed to berate him.

Shinsou could feel his anger building up at the sight of the others reprimanding the boy who just saved their teacher, and the other students lives.

"You guys don't get to praise me and talk down to Izuku, just because he could have gotten hurt. He saved all our asses, and our teachers life," Shinsou finally shouted at his classmates once Izuku had stormed out in irritation.

Everyone gaped at Shinsou, but he turned and began searching the hallways for the smaller boy. He did not expect to find him on the roof, clutching the bars as he leaned over slightly, staring at the ground.

Sometimes there were things Izuku yearned to do, but he knew he couldn't.

--

"So! As you all are heroes in training I want you all to fight my personal student, and see how far you get," Nezu smiled. The class seemed to gape, thinking that the student would be one of the big three. Relaxation rippled through them as Izuku stepped out, revealing him as Nezus personal student.

"Shinsou! You know Midoriya best, so you're up first," Aizawa called out  (the man had refused to give up teaching despite being covered in bandages.)

Izuku smiled at his friend before stripping off his shirt revealing a somewhat toned but scarred body. Uraraka seemed to flinch at the three long claw marks on his back, as did Denki.

Shinsou was already sweating when they got prepared to fight. Izuku squared his shoulders and moved his feet apart. The bell rang and they were off, Shinsou trying to bait him into answering his questions as Izuku relentlessly attacked. At one point, when Izuku landed a hit on him, a foot to the ribs, Shinsou swore he could almost feel something crack.

It was only moments later that Izuku swept his feet under Shinsou, catching the boy off guard and pinning him to the ground. Shinsou panted, looking up at the boy standing above him. God he was hot-

Shinsou immediately smacked himself at the thought and scrambled up with the help of Izuku. The class groaned one by one as they were picked to fight Midoriya and he simply kicked them out of the bounds or twisted them out of the bounds.

By the end of it, Shinsou was standing smugly, looking as if to say "I told you so."

--

Some days, the thoughts seemed to occupy his mind more than others. Somedays.. there was something lurking in his mind, waiting for something to happen, something to trigger it. He knew these were his past memories, the words his classmates said, when he was weak.

Izuku didn't liek admitting weakness. He was sure that's what made his dad leave, and his mother so upset back when he was in middle school. He wasn't strong enough to fight back the bullies that assaulted him, wasn't strong enough as his mother patches his wounds, assuring they would be alright.

Now, brooding in his thoughts, Izuku sat inside his room, Hammie on his shoulder as the bird seemed to purr in response to Izuku stroking his feathers.

Izuku sighed before getting up. Checking to make sure his mom was asleep, he headed out the door. He was headed to the bar.

--

Upon arriving at the bar the boy noticed it was a mess, and the man who made it was standing in the middle, still fuming about whatever he had been mad about. "Ah, there he is, Izuku Midoriya," Shigaraki chuckled as he had his back turned to the boy, glancing sideways to look at him.

Izuku kept his head held high and his posture straight, not giving anything away with his features. He would not be weak this time. The man left his stool to observe the boy, walking in circles around him while also examining his bird. Izuku tensed as the man stopped behind him, putting up a hand on Izuku's neck.

"What stops us from being so short of death? It only takes one finger, Midoriya, I want info and I want it quick. You've been holding out on us recently," Shigaraki growled as his four-finger grip seemed to tighten, making Izuku want to grimace as he stared at Kurogiri.

He, unfortunately, knew that this was no fake threat. Shigaraki and all-for-one wanted their information, and they didn't want it on low-level pricks or heroes. They were after the big guys now.

They wanted All-Might.

--

"What brings you here at this wonderful 3am?" Nezu asked as he stepped out of the shadows to face the one and only vigilante, Inko Midoriya. She glanced at the rat-thing quietly, not answering for a moment.

"The league of villains is on the rise, and they not only have my son at their disposal but my husband too," Inko sighed, glancing up only as Aizawa appeared at her other side.

Nezu's eyes darkened as he thought of Izuku being so close to the dangerous hands of the villain, and they way Nezu was so easily placing himself in those hands, all in a deal with a teenager.

"Let me remind you, your son is no ordinairy teenager, Inko, you've seen what hes been through," Aizawa spoke up, patting his friend on the shoulder.

"Yes, but how much longer until it breaks him? They almost killed him once, Aizawa, how much more will it take? I don't want to lose my son."