𝗟𝗨𝗖𝗜𝗗 ✰ 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟳

𝗟𝗨𝗖𝗜𝗗 ✰ 𝗡𝗔𝗥𝗨𝗧𝗢 𝗩𝗔𝗥𝗜𝗢𝗨𝗦

🔊 𝗹𝘂·𝗰𝗶𝗱

𝟭. 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐜𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐲; 𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐝

𝟮. 𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐨𝐫 𝐥𝐮𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐨𝐮𝐬.

------ ✰ ------

"I-I'm okay, Naruto"

...

"Naruto," you whispered quietly, barely audible amidst the tension. Naruto lay sprawled on the ground, his breaths heavy and his face slick with sweat. Though your first impulse was to rush to his side, a curious fascination held you back, compelling you to observe silently as Iruka approached.

Taking cover behind a bush, you watched surreptitiously as Iruka's presence added weight to the moment. The exchange that followed unfolded like a scripted scene, each word carrying significance.

"It's all over," Iruka chuckled, bending down to Naruto's level with a smile.

Naruto laughed nervously, his hand scratching at his neck in a gesture of unease. "You caught me. Not bad," he admitted. "You're quick, sensei. I only managed to learn one thing."

Observing from your hidden vantage point, you couldn't help but empathize with Naruto's plight. "Poor Naruto," you whispered sympathetically. "Failing must have driven him to practice that jutsu all night!"

Undeterred by his setback, Naruto persisted. "Listen, Iruka-sensei! I'm determined to show you this incredible jutsu. If you let me graduate, everything will fall into place!"

Hope radiated from Naruto's eyes as he questioned, "Isn't that how it works? Anyone who masters a jutsu from this scroll passes, right?"

Iruka's response punctured the hopeful bubble surrounding Naruto. "Where did you get that idea?" he asked.

"Mizuki-sensei told m-"

Your thoughts cut Naruto off abruptly. Your eyes narrowed instinctively, a foreboding sensation creeping over you like a shadow.

Suddenly, kunai materialized in the air, hurtling straight towards Naruto. With a surge of adrenaline, you sprang into action, your instincts overriding any hesitation as you leaped in front of Naruto. "Look out!"

"Ah!" The impact of multiple kunai pierced through your defenses, eliciting a pained grunt as they found their mark. "(Y/n)!" Both Iruka-sensei and Naruto shouted in unison, their voices laced with concern and panic.