9. The Puja

The whole palace could be seen surrounded by flowers. The pillars are decorated with Genda flower.

New carpets could be seen on the ground. The sculptures in the corridor's are cleaned. The mandap is decorated lavishly.

No. No. You are not getting married.
Your grandmother has organised a Satya narayan puja.

Your family has organized the Satya Narayan puja in the palace. Last night you have went for some hunting in the hunting arena with your guards in the palace. Getting the same adrenaline rush you came late to your home. Com'on you are basically absent for the continuous 9 years.

In all those chaos, you were still sleeping peacefully. Suddenly the door opened and all your personal maids started to prepare your room.

"Your highness, please wake up ". Leela, the head maid said to gently wake you up.

"Leela, five more minutes".

"Your Highness, the queen has asked us to summon you to the puja ceremony immediately ".

Hearing your head maid's words, you know that you couldn't do anything. It is quite impossible to not attend ceremony. Now mind you, you don't hate the rituals. You just hate all those itchy bitch I-know-it-all attending it together.

The royal Council will be assembled. And whenever those group of old peoples are together it means trouble to you. You have also caused enough troubles for them. So yeah,  your and the council's relationship are not one of the best.

Now that you have crossed the legal age of marriage it is quite possible that theye are trying to put their sons in your pockets. Being the member of a royal Council, they still cannot confront royal family head to head. You being hot headed and someone with extremely cunning mind is difficult to tackle.

 You being hot headed and someone with extremely cunning mind is difficult to tackle

"Your royal highness, the bath is ready".

Hearing Leela's words, you went to the water. The maids slowly started to bath you. many aramomatic oil and shampoo are used on you. It was to maids mission to glam you up.

After an hour of bathing, your stylist could be seen standing in your dressing room.  You opted for  the classic route in a beautiful ivory drape by Sabyasachi. Crafted using a lightweight organdy fabric, the sari bore intricate jaal embroidery of floral and foliage motifs in gold. The sari was further accentuated with a scalloped border along most of its edges, and a thicker embroidered border with tassels on the pallu.

Your stylists are meticulously dressing you up. You are supposed to meet the general public today so the style should be of comfort and elegance of a princess.

Along with the sari, you wore uncut diamond and emerald encrusted earrings, designed by  Sunita Kapoor, which worked perfectly with the jewel tones on the buttons of your jacket.

(Ignore the actress )

After all that dress up, you practically ran around the halllways to reach the worshipping area of the palace. tThe pooja has not started till yet. It means you are still not late.

"You are late princess" your mom said as soon as you reached your seat. Calmly sitting down you said "I slept in late, mother. It's still not late".
" I told you not to go to the hunting grounds". "Its Ok Nayan, let her enjoy". The queen interfare before your mother can say anything else.

Sitting beside Roohi both of sisters decided to focus on the pooja.