6

Ja'Miri 09/06•7pm

Tonight Halo is coming over for dinner

Tonight Halo is coming over for dinner. The fam wanted to meet her formally over dinner. I'm nervous as fuck for some reason.

Mir Mir: You in your Uber?
Halo: yea I'm js nervous asf
Mir Mir: Don't be they'll love you
Halo: I js hope your mom doesn't hate me
Mir Mir: She wouldn't
Halo liked a message

I sit at the island as my mom is cooking. "Mom, you're gonna love her." I say and she nods. "I better, or you ain't finna have no girlfriend." She stated and I chuckle. "Ya been using protection right? I ain't finna be no grandma at this age." I laugh, "Yes, mama. Either way that was only one time, which was both of our firsts." I tell her and she smiles. "Okay, good to know ya lost it to each other. Be careful though, those soul ties ain't no joke." I nod as she speaks.

Halo: I'm here

The doorbell rings and I rush to go get the door. I open the door and look her up and down. She had on one of those jumpsuits that hugged her curves perfectly.

"Hey, lil ma

"Hey, lil ma." I hug her and kiss her cheek. She smiles and I grab her hand, leading her to the kitchen. "Mom, this is Halo." I smile and she goes over to hug my mom. "It's so nice to finally meet you. Miri talks about you all the time, honey." She says to Halo making her smile. "It's great to meet you too." She smiles. "I hope you like spicy food." Mom says and Halo nods, "I love it, actually." She says and my mom nods. "Great, go ahead and make yourself at home. Dinner will be ready in about 10 minutes." She lies. When black people say a certain time, it always ends up being longer. "We gonna go to my room, okay?" I tell mom and she nods. Halo and I walk to my room, I close the door behind me. "Why you got this shit on?" I ask as I grab her ass tightly. She giggles, "You don't like it?" She asks and sits on my bed. "Girl, you finna get me in trouble." I tell her and she smirks. "What? You can't handle seeing all this?" She asks spontaneously, "I can't. You bouta make me act up." I kiss her neck softly. "Baby, stop." She whines. "Aight, fine. Play the game with me." I say and sit next to her, grabbing me controllers. We play Call Of Duty for about 30 minutes before my mom comes knocking on the door. "Come in." I say and she opens the door. "Oh, ya playing the game." She sighs and I chuckle, "What did you think we were doing?" I ask with a laugh. "I don't know. Anyway, dinners ready." She says and walks out. I turn my game off and stand up. "Get ready to taste some bomb ass food." I smirk and she smiles, "Yeah, I heard she owns a restaurant chain. I'm looking forward to this." We walk out and go to the dining room. Halo introduces herself to Stunna, A'Mani, and Ja'Sani.