M.R

One day, Matteo Riddle, a mischievous student at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, found himself in quite a predicament. He had managed to invent a spell that caused quite a commotion during Professor Snape's Potions class. As a result, he was promptly given detention with the very professor he had angered.

Matteo nervously entered Professor Snape's office, expecting a harsh scolding. The room was dimly lit, with potions ingredients and various books scattered across the professor's desk. Snape, wearing his usual stern expression, motioned for Matteo to sit down in front of him.

"Mr. Riddle, would you care to explain yourself?" Snape's voice sounded like a snake hissing, only serving to make Matteo more uneasy.

Unsure of where to begin, Matteo sheepishly admitted to the professor, "I'm sorry, Professor Snape, it was an accident. I was just trying to create a harmless prank, but it got out of hand."

Snape's eyes narrowed as he studied Matteo intently. "Harmless, you say? Well, judging by the chaos that ensued, I highly doubt it was as harmless as you claim."

Matteo glanced down at his fidgeting hands, knowing that he had caused quite a disruption. "You're right, Professor Snape, and I apologize for the trouble I've caused. It won't happen again."

Snape's expression softened slightly, though his voice still carried a hint of annoyance. "Detention is not meant to be a punishment, Mr. Riddle, but an opportunity for reflection and correction of one's behavior. I trust you understand the gravity of your actions?"

Matteo nodded earnestly, meeting Snape's piercing gaze. "Yes, Professor Snape, I do. I promise to take this detention seriously and make amends for my mistake."

Snape seemed momentarily satisfied with Matteo's response. "Good. During your detention, you will assist me in preparing potions for the upcoming classes. You will follow my instructions precisely, and any careless mistakes will result in additional detentions."

Matteo nodded once more, realizing he was fortunate that Snape had not chosen a more severe punishment. "Thank you, Professor Snape, for giving me a chance to make things right. I won't let you down."

Snape's lips curled into a slight smirk, the closest thing to approval that Matteo had ever seen from him. "We shall see, Mr. Riddle. Now, let us begin. Pay careful attention, for precision is of utmost importance in the art of potion-making."

As the detention progressed, Matteo discovered that working alongside Professor Snape was both challenging and enlightening. He quickly learned the importance of attention to detail and the consequences of reckless behavior. By the end of the detention, Matteo had gained a newfound respect for the professor's expertise and strict approach to teaching.

Although it had begun as a daunting experience, Matteo Riddle's detention with Professor Snape turned out to be a valuable lesson in accountability and responsibility. From that day forward, he became more mindful of his actions, knowing that even the slightest misstep could have unforeseen consequences.