Nightmares and shadows

"Tell me, little Starkov, does the General know that you were venturing into the library late late night?" Liam asked while they walked wherever it was he was taking her.

"I am no prisoner, Liam, I do not need to inform him of my every step."  She answered dryly.

"But better not to let him know, we would not want him creating an addition to the Fold, would we?"

Anali smirked at that.

In silence, Liam led her away from the little Palace and into a place that looked pretty much like a cave. When they both stopped, Anali frowned at Liam.

"What?" He asked confused.

"Why did you bring me to a cave?" Anali asked, Liam chuckled.

"It is not a cave, angel. This is where Bahgra lives and works," He leaned forward and whispered. "She is a crazy old lady but I try not to hold it against her."

A smile pulled Anali's lips and she was about to answer when suddenly a voice interrupted them.

"Starkov!" Anali turned around and found the General walking towards her with a frown on his brow. She was certain she heard Liam huff beside her.

When the General reached her, he stared at her from head to toe and then seemed angry. "You are meant to be in physical training with Botchnik." He hissed, Anali opened her mouth to speak but Liam cut her off.

"I brought her here, Kirigan. If she cannot be in the right state of mind during her resting hours, she should not be in physical confrontations." Anali frowned. Liam's voice had changed and become darker, angrier, scarier.

She felt his threads and sensed strong emotions there. Hate was the strongest one.

"I am the one in charge to decide what she needs and what she does not need, soldier." The General mumbled softly. But his voice had become sharp glass, poison in the skin.

"If you believe that by calling me soldier you will offend me, then you need to look for better insults. News flash, sir, by calling me soldier you are only stating my position." He smirked. "And if you believe, even for a second, that I care what you think of me, then you are way out of your mind." He turned to Anali and smiled softly at her. "Go in. Bahgra is waiting, one of the girls will come to escort you back."

"Nobody will do such a thing, I will escort her myself-"

"Perhaps you are not mature enough, General, but you must get the message that I do not want to discuss this in front of her." Liam hissed while Anali made her way to Bahgra's hut. She heard the General answering as she opened the door and stepped in, a wave of heat immediately hitting her face.

Anali shut the door quickly, not wanting to let the heat out.

Slowly, she went down the stairs and found Bahgra with a smirk on her face as she stared at the fire.

"I always find entertainment when one of those rascals rebels against the General." She mumbled and turned to Anali, arching an eyebrow at her. "Well, you do not look as dead anymore."

Anali smirked. "I got some needed help." She said softly, shutting Bahgra's heart. Relief flooded her veins.

"I would say so." Bahgra nodded at the chair in front of her. "I must admit, girl, that I feel disoriented as to where to start your training."

"May I ask why?" She sat down on the chair, feeling sweat dripping down her neck.

"I train Grishas to use their power, to turn it on, to control it. I have never taught a Grisha how to stop using their power." A mischievous look puked her eyes. "I cannot see a beehive on you, can I?"