rationality or heart?

Anya's POV

I step out of the bathroom, feeling flushed and blushing. It had been a passionate and intense encounter with Mattheo Riddle, lasting at least 20 minutes.

As I lean against the wall, my mind begins to wander. Was it just a physical connection? Or did it run deeper?

I find myself thinking about the details, the way his lips felt against mine, and the way his touch sent shivers down my spine.

Lost in my thoughts, I start making my way back to the crowd of people who were still dancing.

Suddenly, it hits me like a ton of bricks.
I had completely forgotten about Enzo.

Panic rises within me as I start running towards our table, desperately searching for him. But to my dismay, he is nowhere to be found.

My eyes scan the crowd, and that's when I spot him.

Enzo is dancing with strangers, completely carefree and happy. A chuckle escapes my lips as I watch his behavior. It's typical of him to be so nonchalant about everything.

But just as suddenly as my laughter came, all the butterflies return in an instant.

I turn my head to the person who is holding my waist, only to find it is Mattheo. His grip is firm yet gentle, as if he doesn't want me to escape his touch.

I turn to him, the glow of the room reflecting in his eyes. He looks at me with an angelic expression, as if we hadn't just shared an intimate moment together.

"Dance with me, blondie," he whispers, his voice hypnotic. I'm rendered speechless, unable to give a verbal response. It's as if he has cast a spell on me with just his presence.

How can I be falling in love with him after a few stolen kisses and a week of getting to know each other? I try to push these thoughts away, reminding myself that this is Hogwarts and anything can happen.

The room fills with the sound of "Airplanes" by B.o.B. and Hayley Williams, invading our senses. We step onto the dance floor and move in sync with the music. It feels like the world around us disappears, leaving only Mattheo and me in this perfect moment.

But beneath the surface, doubts begin to creep in.
I ask myself if I am even capable of being a good girl anymore.

My emotions run wild whenever he touches me, and I can't seem to hold back when I kiss him.

Our lips meet, and we engage in a passionate make-out session, losing ourselves in the heat of the moment.

And just when everything feels blissfully perfect, reality comes crashing down.

One of Mattheo's friends approaches us, laughing. "YOU DID IT, BRO!" his friend exclaims, handing Mattheo 50 galleons.

My heart sinks as the realization hits me.

Was I just a bet? A mere conquest to be won?

Mattheo takes the money and shakes his friend's hand without looking at him.

My vision blurs as tears fill my eyes. I can feel Mattheo's gaze on me, but I expect him to look at me triumphantly.

Instead, his eyes hold a hint of sadness, maybe even regret. Or perhaps, that's just my imagination.

Unable to contain my tears any longer, I turn and run away from him.

I don't want to see him right now, not when my heart is breaking.

Enzo spots me and asks if everything is okay. I simply nod, muttering a thank you for the butterbeer before I continue running towards Hogwarts.

As I enter my dormitory and shut the door behind me, I collapse onto my bed and begin to cry and sob uncontrollably.