Dad Beat Dad

Nico's POV:

Charlie mumbles and paces back and forth in front of a bulletin board as Vaggie enters the room alongside Angel and me.

Angel: "Yikes."

Vaggie: "Charlie? Sweetie? You, uh, you good?"

Charlie: "Nope, no! Not really! Haha! I've been up all night trying to figure out why the hotel isn't working. We've done trust falls. We've tried sharing our feelings. We only have a couple months left before the angels come.-*manic laughter*-And at this rate..."

Vaggie: "Maybe it's time..."

Charlie: "No."

Vaggie: "To ask..."

Charlie leaps onto the couch and covers Vaggie's face with her hands.

Charlie: "Don't say it."

Vaggie: "Your dad."

Charlie: *groans*

Vaggie: "Charlie, I know you don't want to, but we need every advantage we can get."

Charlie: "He let the extermination happen to begin with. They just had a meeting and said, 'Go ahead and kill everyone!'.-*gasps*-Wait. That's it."

Vaggie: "Kill everyone?"

Charlie: "No. He could get me a meeting with Heaven."

Vaggie: "Didn't we already try that?"

Charlie: "Well, yeah, with Adam. He was an asshole. But he isn't in charge of all of Heaven. We could go to the top! There's sure to be some angels who will listen."

Husk: "What's the hold-up? You got daddy issues."

Charlie: "No, we just have never been close. After he and Mom split, he never really wanted to see me. He calls sometimes, but only if he's bored or, like, needs me to do something."

Husk: "Daddy issues."

Angel: "Well, I'd like to meet the big dick in charge."

Niffty: "The ultimate bad boy."

Niffty giggles as I grab the knife from her hands and toss it aside.

Niffty: "I bet he's scary."

So, Charlie calls her dad.

Charlie: *over the phone* "Hi, Dad.-*pauses*-You know where I am, Dad. I've told you before.-*pauses*-I told you when you called me 5 months ago. Or did you not listen?-*pauses*-Well, I'm actually running a hotel to rehabilitate sinners. Maybe you saw our commercial.-*pauses & sighs*-Listen, Dad, I've got kind of a big ask.-*pauses*-I need to speak to Heaven. Well, whoever's in charge up there, above Adam, above anybody. I need to go to the top.-*pauses*-Look, Dad. I don't ask you for much. I never have, but this, this is really important to me. It's the most important thing I've ever done. And I need you. I need your help.-*pauses*-Please, just come see what I'm trying to do. You'll see why it's a really good idea. And Heaven is bound to agree if I get the chance to talk to them. Please, Dad.-*ends call*-Well, we have an hour until he gets here."

Vaggie: "Ok, people, Lucifer is on his way. So we are gonna get this place presentable, and we are going to make an amazing impression! Vamanos!"