The Show Must Go On

{A/N: A lot happens in the battle between Heaven & Hell, so if I miss anything, especially anything important, I apologize in advance}

Nico's POV:

Today, we're preparing ourselves, the cannibals, and the hotel for our fight against the angels tomorrow.

Charlie: "I wish my mom were here to see this."

Vaggie: "The cannibals seem ready to fight. Are we?"

Then, Sir Pentious bursts out of the hotel in his new blue and yellow uniform.

Sir Pentious: "Fear not, damsels. I shall have the staff ready for victorious combat!"

Vaggie: "What in the hell are you supposed to be?"

Sir Pentious: "General Pentious, reporting for duty. I'll turn those rapscallions into soldiers in no time at all."

Charlie: "Thank you, Pen."

Niffty then rushes out to offer her assistance.

Niffty: "What can I do to help?'

Sir Pentious: "I'm glad you asked, soldier. The base needs fortifications. Reinforce the southern wall. Create a moat around the perimeter to stop a ground assault."

Niffty blinks at Pentious in silence, so Charlie offers her an alternative.

Charlie: "How about this? If you see an angel, stab it."

Charlie hands Niffty a dagger, and the latter chases Angel Dust up a pole.

Niffty: "Stab! Stab! Stab!"

Angel: "Hey, hey, hey, hey."

Charlie & I: "Not him!"

Niffty rushes off as Angel backflips off the pole, and Vaggie addresses everyone.

Vaggie: "Listen up, sinners! We got 24 hours before the extermination begins. Let's get to work."

{Time skip}

Charlie: "Hello. I want to thank everyone for coming. Even people who aren't staying here yet...Cherri."

Cherri: "Look, I can't resist a fight, ok? Especially when I get to tag team with this fuckhead and this badass bitch."

Cherri pulls Angel and me into a side hug as Charlie continues.

Charlie: "Tomorrow, the exorcist angels will face a Hell ready to defend itself and win."

Vaggie: "Yeah! Yeah, we will! Tell 'em, baby!"

Charlie: "Yes. And we are-we are going to win! But, in case we don't, I want you all to know that getting to know you has been the biggest honor of my life. Whatever redemption really means, I know you all tried. I have seen the good in all of you. And it's...I-I'm just...I love you all so much, and-and live tonight however you want because-"

Niffty: "We're all gonna die!"

Vaggie: *claps* "All right, let's give it up for not dying! Love not dying! Drinks?"

Angel: "Here's to us."

Sir Pentious: "Here's to being alive today and not dying tomorrow."

We all clink our glasses. After a while, per my plan, I join Angel at the bar while Husk pours him a drink.

Me: "What a year."