[007] For Syrus Sake! Dueling The Kaiser!

Once Aira pick up the new cards her grandpa finished, she went straight the her room checking them all.

"I can't believe this Zane guy..." Aira muttered to herself. "It's no wonder Syrus has zero confidence, if my big brother told me I wasn't good enough to play some card I'd be insecure too." She groaned, "Worst part is that I can't duel him."

"Why can't you duel him Ai?" Moonlight Magician Girl asked.

"Because of the suspended problem. I can't duel anyone till its off." Aira pouted.

"Well that sucks buddy." Agunimon said.

"I know right. I wanted to kick the top duel academy student for a while now."

"Don't worry you'll get your chance soon." Tsukimon assured.

----•••----

Over at the Slifer Dorm, Syrus was in his bed hiding under the covers staring at his Power Bond card.

"I would of never given you that card I had known you'd misplay it." Zane's voice rang in his mind. "Sure you may know how to use Power Bond, but there's more to dueling than just that."

"Aw man I don't know a thing about dueling; I'm going to let Aira down!" Syrus cried as he had images of letting Aira down in their tag team in his mind.

"Aw man I'm toast." Syrus moaned.

----•••----

In the afternoon Alexis and Zane were both talking about Syrus, Alexis snapped at him, before Zane could say anything else, they heard some splashing. Both of them followed the noise and saw a small raft floating behind a couple of rocks, along with a large tuft of blue hair.

"It's Syrus!" Alexis exclaimed.

Zane and Alexis and raced over to Syrus.

"Stay back, Aira!"

Alexis watched as Syrus tried to push off in his raft, only to be stopped by Aira jumping onto it, and in the process, making it split apart, sending the two of them into the water.

Syrus came to the surface, arms flailing. "Help me! I can't swim!" He yelled.

"What?! And you were about to set off into the ocean?!" Aira cried as Syrus wrapped her arms around his neck. "That makes a lot of sense!"

The two of them disappeared beneath the waves, with Aira duel monsters watching from above as Chumley raced to help them. "I'm coming, guys! Hold on!" He yelled before jumping into the water.

"Chumley open her eyes buddy the water is shallow." Aira said dripping wet.

Chumley opened his eyes to see that he was halfway out of the water and halfway in. He felt the ground and blinked. "It's true..."

As if Syrus heard him, he rose from underneath the water, completely soaked and gasping for air.

Syrus rubbed his arms and glanced at his roommate, "Why did you come after me, Aira?" He said, shivering, "I stink..." Syrus looked away. "They'll assign you a new tag-team partner. Just let me go and you'll have a much better shot of winning the match without me..."

Aira walked in front of him. "Sy, that's just your brother talking! You gotta believe in yourself!"

"You gotta believe me!" Syrus sobbed, tears leaking and mixing with the sea water. "I'm a lost cause..."

"He is right, you know..." A cold voice interjected.

The Slifers looked up to see Alexis and Zane on a nearby path a short ways above them.