Not My Place

Y/n's POV:

I walked down the sidewalk of Harvard Street. I was heading to the Curtis' because I was definitely not going home with my "drinking problems". I don't even know what my parents are talking about nor do I care. Huh, I guess the gang is rubbing off on me.

As I strolled down the road, I saw a familiar figure in the alleyway.

"Y'know, N/n, you shouldn't be walkin' on your lonesome," the voice from the alley said. I turned my head to see Curly there, smoking a cigarette.

"Howdy, Curly," I said. "Well, what should I do instead of walkin' on my own, befriend the Socs?" Curly stepped out of the dark alleyway and we started walking together.

"Good one, sister, the rest of your gang will definitly love that one, especially Steve and Soda, they'd get a real kick outta that," Curly responded.

"I was only jokin'."

"I know, but, they'd pound your head in for doing that and then pound my head in for suggestin' it to you."

"You didn't suggest it, I made it up on my own! Why aren't you giving me the credit for that joke Curly Shepherd?"

"Okay, okay, let's put it this way: If you ever made friends with a Soc, I'll bash your head in."

"We never made that deal!"

"What're you on about? We just did!" Curly said snarking. I gave him the look that he knows as the "You drive me insane" look and he just smiled in return.

"Trust me, Curly, that'll never happen," I told him.

"Sure, sister, how 'bout we head on over to Soc territory and see how long we last?" suggested Curly.

"I have to pass on that one, brother, goin' over to the Curtis house."

"Of course ya are, why ain't I surprised?"

"'Cause ya know by now what I do everyday, gotta look after my brother," I said.

"I know, but what about me?" said Curly, giving me puppy dog eyes. "I'm like your brother. Hell, I call you my sister."

"But, you're not my real brother, and besides, you can handle yourself just fine," I said. The last part of that made Curly smile in pride. "My brother cannot."

"But you's got the gang to protect him, c'mon, sister," said Curly.

"Still no, Curly," I told him.

"You're no fun."

"Gotta be that way to tame you, you dingus."

"Hey! I ain't a dingus!"

"Yes, you are!"

The two of us argued until we reached the end of a street which so happened to be the end of the street the Curtis house was on.

"Welp, Curly this is good, thanks for walkin' with me," I said.

"You sure you'll be okay? I mean I can walk you farther," Curly suggested.