Chapter 1 Dawn

Gush of wind blew across my face, standing towards the window, watching over bright stars that shone in the dark black sky allowing the stars to shine so brighter than ever.

The weather today is something different. I always look at and admire stars for no reason I guess, but a few bunches of stars look like some signs or constellations, I always find them laid in the same place every night.

They don't disappear unless it's a cloudy day. I always like to stand here and admire the sky before going to sleep.

But today I can feel something different in the atmosphere.

I saw a crowd of young women walking at a distance towards the sea carrying lighted lanterns chanting some mantras.

The guards from our mansion allowed a few young women to depart to the sea, joining the crowd towards the sea.

I start to wonder if there is some kind of festive evening going on. Then I saw grandma who serves in our mansion walking towards the gate and I called her asking about the special occasion. She is the one who takes care of me in the mansion.

She laid her lantern down and gave her full attention to my curiosity.

"It is a full moon day my dear, so people believe that they can deliver their messages and wishes to their lost and loved ones in the form of these lighted lanterns where few people would write their wishes or messages, and also few believe that they get to see an ounce of their past life in their dreams during a full moon day. Therefore, those who send these find a way to have a touch and communicate with their loved ones" she told me nodding her head with those exciting eyes of hers.

"Do you wish to do this princess, I can ask your majesty's permission" she also asked me. But I was hesitant.

"No grandma it's alright I was just curious about it" I told her with an assured smile. She nodded and walked away joining the crowd.

I was just interested in what they were doing but not that I really wanted to do it.

Before turning my back to the bed, I felt a sharp blow of wind towards the window and felt some touch on my shoulder.

My breath hitched and felt the touch on my face too. The last thing I could remember before I lost my consciousness was a small mole on someone's lower lip, a blur and fading image of the face and body of a person who smelt like a mix of strawberries and banana scent.