Chapter 4 Paintings

"MissY/N, you are supposed to go see the groom in a few minutes" my maid tells me and the granny who I'm close with also comes near me caressing my cheeks.

"My dear, you look so pretty, talk to the prince about yourself, I've heard that he is really kind one but also a ruthless one, but it's ok to tell him what you feel as it's your right dear, also don't disappoint your dad dear, that is all I can tell, I'm sorry, if I could not be so close to your thoughts" she tells me with concern for me because she knows how confused and lost I would become when it comes to these kind of matters.

I nod at her "Don't worry halmoni, I'll make myself clear to the prince and I no more want to disappoint my father too" I smile and assure her holding her hand resting in mine.

"Shall we go?" She questions as I nod at her with a small smile.

I am so nervous as I walk to the huge living room which for sure felt small because of the packed-up people from ours as well as their kingdom with whispers audible.

I struggle with the glares and stares I’m getting from the crowd of people. I've never been exposed to a large number of people; it makes me suffocate.

My dad starts talking about me and our kingdom as I try to find and take a glance at the prince in which I terribly failed.

"Oh, our prince Jimin is here, what took you so long son?" It must be his father as I take a quick glance at the man who is standing like an angel-like features in the middle of the crowd bowing politely towards my father.

"Nice to meet you King Kang Tae Oh, and Miss Y/N, pleasure meeting you" he bows just like a prince so elegantly, a man with manners and good words.

I'm amused by his charm as I bow at him too before locking with his eyes for a few seconds which was enough to distract my worries away.

Soon he takes his seat and they carry on with the formal talks.

As it was almost time to decide about dates for the engagement party as well as marriage. My father tried to take matters in his hands like always trying to get everything done as soon as possible without even taking a glance at me.

My frown is back as I fiddle with my dress.

"I have to have a talk with Princess Y/N, father. I don't want to hurry in this decision of a lifetime. So, please if you could..." Jimin interrupts my father as he seeks permission to talk alone.

I find it so mature of him which is making me believe in Halmoni's words. They all soon agree as the crowd disperse and the guards escort us to the balcony.

"You can leave, thank you" Jimin tells the guards before leading me towards the garden I just watered a few hours ago.

"Hello Princess Y/N, how are you doing?" He asked me as I could feel his gaze on me.

"I-I'm fine, thank you" I stutter, replying to him nervously.

"Please relax, you are not watched by anyone now, it's just us both, so please look at me and talk" he tells me calmly like talking to a kid.

"I-Im sorry, these things are new to me. I'm really afraid of big crowds and people”
I tell now looking at him completely as I can focus only on him now since I couldn’t focus on him back there in the crowd of people.

"It's alright, I get it, I saw that you were completely nervous back there in the hall, so I thought that maybe I could get you alone for myself for some time here”
He smiles with his eyes going like crescents of the moon. He really looks charming and beautiful.

I nod looking at him muttering a small ‘thank you’, now shifting my weight on the right foot.

“So, Ms. Y/N let me get straight to the point. Do you like this marriage or more likely do you like me and willing to get into this relationship because I value this as a choice of a lifetime..., so be true about this and I don’t mind” he says carefully choosing his words looking at me with those eyes I quite don’t know.

“Actually, um I don’t know what to say because this news was too sudden for me, I heard that you are a good person. But I don’t think so I would be suitable for you because being a King’s daughter I don’t even know self-defence or never taught about it… so there could be no way I would be a future King’s wife without no skills or abilities to protect myself…And I’m sure people would talk about it; I don’t want you to be criticised too” I honestly give my opinion.

“You don't have to think about yourself like that...I don't expect my wife to be perfect, after all we are humans...and I would love to have you as my wife... mmh... and your father needs our military and regional boundary support from our kingdom. As well, our kingdom needs your support too, so it would be perfect... I’m not forcing you and I'm okay with your decision whatever it might be... Alright" he explains his opinion like explaining to a child with his soft yet dominant voice holding grip on his words.

I was actually confused and speechless as to how he would tolerate me and how come he wants me as his wife. Of course, his explanation was valid, still I felt I was nowhere equal to him but since I didn't want to disappoint my father this time, I'm going to agree and I'm so done with everyone turning backs on me because I disrespect my father's decision.

"Umm..I don't want to disappoint my father so I'm willing to agree for this marriage, but as for my opinion I'd like to get you know more" I say with a small smile placing a strand of hair behind my ears. His eyes again disappear while smiling.

"Okay, I like the idea, let's get to know each other more" I nod at him as his face soon gathers confusion about something.

"Ah right, I wanted to talk about the paintings that were displayed in your hallways, they were quite old but beautiful paintings of that time, were those your choice?" He questions me and I realise the beautiful art that I remember purchasing from the art museum that happens once or twice a year in the town.

"Actually, few were already present from the day I was kid, we always buy paintings from the art museum that happens in the town, and I don't know why, I always end up choosing the paintings that has its unique signature like entangled roses with moon that has fire of the paintings edges at the bottom or even sometimes in the middle of the painting” I tell recalling about the dream I had too.

"Ah do you know about the artist, he was one of the greatest and popular of that time, I've had known about him from my master who used to homeschool me, you should really read about him, there are plenty of books and articles of him in our central library" he explains me and I already like how much he noticed about me unlike other people who don't even care of my choices, and sure he is an intelligent one ...maybe he could help me in finding about my past as well.

"I would really like to get to know more about the artist, I will try to get more information from our library and if I don't find it I'll surely visit yours" I tell him with a small smile.

As we talk about those random things, I discover that he is an adventurous person willing to always try something new and an open-minded person who is so humble.

During the lunch time with ours and their family, I could see how much he was trying to side with my thoughts whereas he didn't even let my own father try to talk low or negatives on me, he always had a positive point of view on everything my father came up with.

After a long day and my encounter with my fiancé...Right?...well he is not a bad person. I can already imagine that he would protect me. I was more connected when he told me about the artist with those amused eyes just like I had.

As I drown in the series of events that occurred today, I seem to escape to my dreamland, a calm and peaceful sleep overtaking me.