Chapter 9: Backstabber: FINAL PART

As Gyeong-su's nose begins to bleed, a collective gasp echoes through the room, a harbinger of impending dread.

"What's happening?" I exclaim, my voice trembling with worry as I observe Gyeong-su wiping away the blood, his hands shaking with fear.

"I told you, didn't I? You still think I'm wrong?" Na-yeon's accusatory tone only serves to escalate the tension, prompting a sharp retort from me.

"Shut the hell up, Na-yeon!" I snap, my frustration boiling over.

Gyeong-su rises from his chair, trembling with fear, while everyone else instinctively backs away, except for Cheong-san and me.

"Oh no, what's wrong? This can't be happening," I murmur, disbelief lacing my words.

"I'm not!" Gyeong-su protests desperately, but On-jo interjects, her tone laced with concern.

"Gyeong-su, stay where you are!"

"I swear I'm not!" Gyeong-su's voice trembles with fear as he tries to assure us of his innocence.

"I'm sorry, Gyeong-su. Please, stay back," I plead, tears welling up in my eyes.

"Dae-rae! Stay back, please!" Wu-jin's grip tightens on my arm as he restrains me, his own eyes glistening with tears.

"I'm sorry, Wu-jin, but I can't stand by and watch this happen to my friend," I whisper, my heart breaking at the sight of Gyeong-su's distress.

"Gyeong-su, I'm so sorry," I choke out, my voice thick with emotion.

"It's not your fault, Da-rae," Gyeong-su reassures me, his voice trembling with fear.

But as the situation intensifies, my fear mounts, and I can't help but cry out in desperation.

"What's happening? Why is this happening?"

"Get out! I said get out!" Na-yeon's panicked cries fill the room, but we ignore her, consumed by our own anguish.

"Shut the fuck up! Why would I bite you? We're fucking friends! We're friends!"

"G-Gyeong-su, don't say that!" My eyes got even more watery, but Gyeong-su didn't listen to my words, he didn't want to listen to it. "If I leave it'll be better for everyone." 

"Gyeong-su-" Cheong-san was already tearing up from the start, his words already breaking per

"No i-it's okay! Thank you for everything! And stay alive." He was about to open the door, but he hesitated. Looking back at us with fear, I felt myself question myself.

"Stop it! Please, you're scaring me!! Cheong-san, Da-rae, why are you doing this?!!" He collapsed to the floor, crying and scared was his emotions at the moment.

As Gyeong-su's condition worsens, I can't help but feel helpless and overwhelmed. My best friend is slipping away before my eyes, and there's nothing I can do to stop it!

"Gyeong-su, please, you have to fight this!" I plead, my voice cracking with emotion.

But as his bones start to snap, reality crashes down on us like a tidal wave, and I'm left paralyzed with grief.

Gyeong-su charges at us, and I fall to the ground, my heart breaking as Dae-su pushes him back out of love.

In the aftermath, as Cheong-san whistles a haunting tune and forces Gyeong-su out the window, we're left in stunned silence, our tears mingling with the overwhelming sense of loss that hangs heavy in the air.

(>>>time skip<<<)

As we all sit there, tears streaming down our faces in the wake of Gyeong-su's transformation, I find solace in resting my head on Wu-jin's shoulder, seeking comfort amidst the overwhelming grief.