Chapter 11: D.I.Y Bathroom

As I stirred from my sleep, Ji-min's voice pierced through the haze of drowsiness.

"Should she even be alive!?" she exclaimed, her tone filled with urgency.

"What are you talking about?" I mumbled, still half-asleep.

"We're talking about how we didn't hear Na-yeon or Ms. Park screaming," Wu-jin explained, his voice tinged with concern.

"And they might still be alive," Dae-su added optimistically.

"Oh, okay," I murmured, feeling too tired to fully engage in the conversation.

"She's a murderer! She killed Gyeong-su and walked out of here on her own. Is it even right for her to be alive? Aren't you all being fake?" Ji-min's frustration was palpable, her words cutting through the silence of the room.

"What about Ms. Park? Should she have died too?" I heard Wu-jin chime in.

"Is that our fault?" Ji-min countered.

"Either way, we're responsible for what happened," Wu-jin reasoned, his voice carrying a weight of guilt.

"Why is that? What did we do wrong? Na-yeon killed someone and played the victim. She chose to leave on her own because we didn't listen to her. If no one's on your side, is it okay to kill!?" Ji-min's anger flared, her words sharp and accusatory.

"Even though Ji-min is being brutally honest, I think she's right," I acknowledged as I lightly smile in agreement.

"Ms. Park acted like we were wrong. We didn't tell Na-yeon to go out there. We didn't tell Ms. Park to go out there too. Why should we feel bad?" Ji-min reasoned, breaking the awkward silence that had settled over us.

Then, Su-hyeok finally decided to speak up. "Hey. I feel weird saying this-"

"Then don't say it," Wu-jin interrupted, his playful tone causing Su-hyeok to groan as he was lightly hit in the stomach.

"Does anyone else have to go to the bathroom by any chance?" Dae-su inquired, breaking the tension with a mundane but necessary question. "Am I the only one?" Su-hyeok raised an eyebrow in curiosity.

"I do..." Dae-su raised his hand, confirming the need.

"We have to go too, actually, but we can't go out," Hyo-ryeong added, her tone resigned to the situation.

Joon-yeong glanced at his bottle, contemplating his options. On-jo and I exchanged knowing looks, silently urging him to put the bottle down, which he did awkwardly.

"Do you really have to go to the bathroom, Dae-su?" I groaned, already anticipating the answer.

"What's wrong with using the bathroom?" Dae-su retorted, a hint of defensiveness in his tone.

"Dude, your shit stinks!" Wu-jin chimed in with a smirk, causing me to laugh despite myself.

"Why are you blaming me for this? Su-hyeok brought it up! Pooping's not a crime," Dae-su defended, his voice tinged with amusement.

"Pooping's not a crime, but..." Wu-jin began, trailing off suggestively.

"But what? Don't you need to go?!" Dae-su interrupted, his patience wearing thin.

"Yes, I do... but not poop like you, though," Wu-jin teased, earning a playful glare from Dae-su.

"What about you?" Dae-su turned to Cheong-san.

"I don't... pooping? No," Cheong-san replied, his expression incredulous.

"Don't you need to go?" Dae-su then pointed his question at me.