Happy Fourth??

"Steven!! I just wanna get the basic steps down so I don't embarrass the hell outta myself tomorrow!" June whined, walking closer to the boy who was avoiding her, both circling the kitchen island

"Ask someone else, why won't Jere or Mateo help you?" Steven said, picking up his speed.

"Mateo said dancing with me 'gross' and Jere just laughed when I asked," June explained. "Please Steven, you're my only hope."

"Don't you have someone tomorrow you can learn with? That's the whole point of the first dance LESSON," Steven countered.

"I haven't asked anyone to take me yet."

"Steven it's one dance," Willow said, leaning around the counter as she popped grapes in her mouth, one by one.

"See Steven, it's just one dance," June agreed, still chasing him around the counter.

"Then learn with Willow," He said, a sigh leaving his lips.

"Not the same. Plus you should probably practice a little so you don't totally embarrass yourself in front of Shayla tomorrow..."

"UGH FINE! One dance period. But I swear June, if you step on my feet ONE TIME I will body slam you."

"DEAL," She exclaimed, running up to him and jumping on his back. She quickly got down, as the boy turned around, already exasperated. They began dancing around the kitchen, Jeremiah and Belly smirking from the breakfast table.

Susannah came in from outside, seeing the scene unfolding in front of her. She began cleaning off her paintbrush, watching the kids and their various activities. Steven caught a glimpse of her out of the corner of his eye, continuing to rehearse the dance with June.

"Are we done with the portrait yet?" He asked the older woman.

"Yeah, for today. But you do look good in a dress shirt, Steven," She said, a smile gracing her lips. "You two look good together. If June can't figure out a date, then maybe you should take her to the deb ball Steven."

"EW"

"Nope."

Both kids exclaimed, effectively breaking away from each other in the process. Putting a good few feet between them, both Belly and Jeremiah laughed at the actions.

"That's enough for today, I'll stick with embarrassing myself tomorrow then," June said, shaking off the suggestion and walking over to Willow.

"No, no no, yeah. I'm already going with Shayla," Steven admitted, just as Laurel and Mateo walked into the room.

"To the debutante ball?" Laurel asked her son.

"Yeah..."

"As an escort?"

"Wrap your head around it, Mom. Shayla's coming together with Nicole and Gigi, so you'll meet her," Steven explained.

"Oh yeah," Mateo agreed, going to sit down next to Belly at the table.